Use original YouTube thumbnails on your YouTube video imports

They’re in separate video groups, yes. We don’t consider things like this “folders”

You would have to select the video group to browse its videos.

We have plans for a playlist like feature that would incorporate rules like Library Collections. With that, you’d be able to pull the videos all together. There’s no timeline on that though.

1 Like

this is a great feature. would be awesome to see something more integrated like playon is.

2 Likes

Is there any reason the script wouldn't work if the files are imported as a tv show instead of under videos as long as the long key still points to the show? (edit: its not working for me under videos either. so im doing something wrong)

Using httparty on fedora linux.

I'm trying to import this playlist (he has hundreds of others that are great, highly recommend for a scifi virtual channel) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIIOUpOge0Lupd8Xd1xPwkY6eEu2fpWGo

I'm using tubesync on my synology nas to download using the format
{title}{yyyy_mm_dd}{key}.{ext}

edit: under video group i have tried adding the prefix "video-_____" too and its not the issue.

edit2: im guessing the flaw is the files are on the synology nas and even though the linux computer has access via smb something is being blocked. ideas?

I'm kind of a noob at this so forgive me if this is completely unhelp, but I think tubesync uses a "_" as a delimiter and it should be: {title}_{yyyy_mm_dd}_{key}.{ext} . Hope this helps.

1 Like

Has anyone found a clever way to trigger this script other than cron?

I hate to post this because I know it's because I'm doing something stupid, but I am trying to run this on ubuntu linux. I have made sure, pearl, htttparty, and json are installed with no issues. However, I keep getting the following error:

phillip@sperryhouse:~/servers/Scripts$ ./fixyoutube.pl
./fixyoutube.pl: line 1: require: command not found
./fixyoutube.pl: line 2: require: command not found
./fixyoutube.pl: line 4: server_url: command not found
./fixyoutube.pl: line 5: video_group: command not found
./fixyoutube.pl: line 7: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./fixyoutube.pl: line 7: `source_files = HTTParty.get("#{server_url}/dvr/groups/#{video_group}/files")'

Somebody please tell me how I'm being stupid.

It's a Ruby script (not Perl).

:person_facepalming: Told you it was something stupid.

silly question but does this need to executed from the Synology NAS that is holding the tubesync files?

I have a one video playlist I am downloading using tubesync as a test

The Media format is

> {title}_{yyyy_mm_dd}_{key}.{ext}

the output file is

art-bell-and-richard-c-hoagland-on-space-anomalies-and-alien-architecture-coastt_2022-10-28_-_wkw2byNwM.mkv

I updated the ruby script on my laptop (not running on the nas itself) to have the same server_url as my channels dashboard and have the video id as videos-7147efdf6878206ea76603703d146d4c48e6999b869a0022dcfa63d882b5fbba

httparty is installed and working but the script doesnt seem to do anything. im running the command in terminal ruby fix_thumbnails.rb

i'm missing something obvious

edit: figured it out. editing this post in case someone else has the same problem. I was missing brackets around the date and key

in tubesync set it to {title_full}_({yyyy_mm_dd})_[{key}].{ext}