Using Multiple HDHomeRun Devices And Blocking a Channel on One (or more)

I'm about to add a 2nd HDHomeRun to my network. The first is in the house, the 2nd is in a renovated barn that we're turning into a guest house. Each HDHomeRun will have its own antenna. The two buildings will be on the same LAN, joined by fiber optics. (Both HDHRs are Quatros.)

I've read this thread about using multiple HDHomeRun tuners with Channels. I do see that I can prioritize devices, so channels will use HDHR1 first for recordings and, if needed, spill over to HDHR2 if I'm recording more than one HDHR can handle.

The issue is that the antenna in the barn does not get some channels as clearly as the one in the house does. (And, from testing, it looks like the barn gets a channel, and subchannels, more clearly than the house does.) For example, the station that carries MeTV, a favorite network of mine, doesn't come in as clearly in the barn.

Is there a way to get Channels to prefer using one DVR for a network over another? Or is there a way to delete channels from a HDHR device, so if the barn reception for MeTV is poor, I simply remove that channel from that HDHR?

With two devices and the signals varying, I'd like to use the strongest signals from each device, but also make sure to NOT use the weak channels on a particular HDHR. Is there a way to do that?

1 Like

Yes you can hide channels via my.hdhomerun.com or in the dvr by clicking pencil icon under your HDHR

Thank you!

1 Like