Verizon Fios Local Channels

Hi,

My credentials can login to the following sites below but I not see them in my lineup. Any idea?

For Abc. Do you have a live stream in your area? I can sign into ABC with Spectrum, but can't access the live stream.

I can login both URLs and watch the live stream with my Verizon credentials.

Do you have the option enabled on the DVR web UI settings?

Do they show up when you edit channels?
Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 07-15-22 Channels Settings

1 Like

Interesting. Wondering why it's optional. But that took care of it. I got NBC, ABC, and FOX and PBS.

Now wondering why i didn't get CBS

Here's a link to the topic for Local CBS TVE. CBS TV Everywhere
The first post contains a link that used to go to the CBS support site showing which CBS stations had TVE live streams. Since it's now Paramount, the link goes nowhere.

Pretty much everywhere on their support site, they only mention the different levels of your Paramount+ subscription and nothing about TVE or using your provider to access anymore.

I don't mean to be a pain just trying to understand. I read the post you provided before but I did not fully understand it. It seems like someone said it was working and then someone else said it wasn't.

In your screenshot it is available for you. I am trying to understand why isn't it available for me because when i got to https://www.cbs.com/live-tv/stream/tveverywhere/ I can simply login with my provider's creds and access the live stream. I also do not have a pihole that would block the geolocation.

@breezytm
Not sure why it works for some and not others.
I know I can't get FOX because my local affiliate doesn't stream 7x24.
Does it even show up when you edit channels?

Try updating to the latest DVR pre-release version 2021.06.06.0605 (or later).
If it still doesn't work, submit diagnostics from the DVR web UI.

Someone just reported it's not working using HULU.

Yes, it shows up when I select edit. When I rescan it still gives the same error, stream-info failure. I have updated to the newest channels 6.06. Ill submit diagnostics.

Error from Logs:
2021/06/07 14:21:39.724384 [TVE] action=cbs_stream data={"success":false,"message":"NOT_AVAILABLE"}

I submitted diagnostics:
81ba482d-a0d3-4dcc-9fc3-74fe10e38934

I do see it when editing but i need to figure out how to send the logs since I am fairly new to using TVE. I've used Channels in the past but that was with an HDHomeRum device and never needed to do anything. It just worked. Let me go look this up. I am using a Shield TV so I don't think I can update the version.

Going through the logs I found this

2021/06/07 14:26:08.269458 [TVE] action=cbs_station err=json: cannot unmarshal string into Go struct field .stations of type int
2021/06/07 14:26:08.309346 [DVR] Fetching guide data for 109 stations in X-TVE @ 2021-06-07 2:00PM

Ok, according to @tmm1 I needed to upgrade to a pre-released version and that seem to have done the trick. So thank you for all the assistance everyone.

1 Like

Hi Breezy,

I was having same issue with NYC CBS but resolved it with the pre-release comment.
But how is your streaming quality? Mine is slow and the voices don't matchup to picture. Thanks.

I don't really watch the channel much but when I was testing this I didn't see any issues with it.

Thanks, turns out to be an issue with my Fire stick. 4K has issues whereas older model doesn't.