Vidgo TVE Added

Update - From time to time it will show the link I copied in above in my tread. I have to go back and forth between channels sometimes to get it to pull the channel FoxNews in.

I just dumped my Sling (Blue, Sports, & New) and Philo subscriptions and replaced them with Vidgo Plus because it basically has all TVE channels I was getting by combining Sling & Philo plus more.

Currently running the latest version of Channels DVR (2020.10.07.2318) on my QNAP server and deleted Sling and Philo from my source list and added Vidgo. After scanning Vidgo, all of the channels we watch (and subscribe to) show up in Channels except NFL RedZone. The NFL channel is there but not the RedZone.

If I open the Vidgo app, the RedZone shows up, but being Friday, it isn't on air. Is this the reason I doesn't show up when I scanned Vidgo? Do I need to rescan on Sunday (when RedZone is on) to get it to show up?

If not, What do I need to do to add the RedZone to my Channels system?

Are you sure Vidgo offers the TVE stream of NFL Redzone? I think I had it with YTTV, but I don't get it with my Vidgo account.

I think you have to wait till 1 pm. Mine says not available for streaming right now under edit.

I'll wait till Sunday and try. I hope that's the problem.

When I scan the channels on the NAS, RedZone doesn't show up at all.

Check that, I just went out and did an edit on the Vidgo channels and I found the NFLRedZone, but it says "NFL RedZone is not available to stream right now". I guess I'll just wait till tomorrow and then go out and do a rescan on the channel.

Did it work?

1 Like

Sorry for not getting back sooner (fighting other fires), but yes it did. I had to wait until Sunday when the RedZone was on and add it at that time.

This is correct, If I am not mistaken, RZ is only live during games and that is when it can be scanned/picked up.

Vidgo TVE on Channels DVR as of 12/18/2020. YMMV, these things change, but with the Vidgo $10 a month for two months no obligation offer, here's what is currently available on my DVR, which as we know could change:
ACC, AETV, AHC, ANIMAL PLANET, BET, BIG 10, BTN, CMT, COMEDY CENTRAL, COOKING, DESTINATION AMERICA, DISCOVERY, DISCOVERY LIFE, DISNEY EAST, DISNEY WEST, DISNEY JR EAST, DISNEY JR WEST, DISNEY XD EAST, DISNEY XD WEST, ESPN 1, ESPN 2, ESPN DEPORTES, ESPN NEWS, ESPN U, FOOD, FOX BUSINESS, FOX NEWS, FREEFORM EAST, FREEFORM WEST, FOX SPORTS DEPORTES, FOX SPORTS SOCCER FS 1, FS 2, FX EAST, FX WEST, FXM, FXX EAST, FXX WEST, FYI, HALLMARK, HALLMARK DRAMA, HALLMARK MOVIES & MYSTERIES, HGTV, HISTORY, INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY, LIFETIME, LONGHORN, MOTORTREND, MTV, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC EAST, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WEST, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WILD, NICK JR, OWN, P12 (a bunch of these), PARAMOUNT, SCIENCE, SEC, SECH, TLC, TRAVEL, TVLAND, VH1.

I really like Vidgo... when it works. I have found that every month I have to remove and re-add the Vidgo TVE feed when the subscription renews. I have forgotten it a couple times and the WAF has plummeted. Also, they have screwed something up with the subscription to TVE twice in the last three months for me. I have had to contact them via their ticketing system and get it corrected. Each time the feed was down for multiple days. Again, WAF plummeted!

Anyhow, I hope others have a better experience than I have. We have now switched to AT&T TVNow and things seem to be working very well.

I can verify Boogiemeister1's experience and it's still the case. On my renewal date I needed to remove and re-add Vidgo TVE, but that's easy enough to remember, as Vidgo sends you a monthly renewal notice. So I got a got a second $10 month, with the TVE listed above. The price was SUPPOSED to jump today to $55, as my two months were up, but of course I had the renewal turned off. An hour after my subscription expired, I was able to re-subscribe as a "returning customer", so I now have another 2 months at $10 each month. So that gives me 4 months in a row at 10 bucks a month.

2 Likes

Good job. I'm thinking they are desperate. I read they only have 25,000 subscribers.

That is quite a few TVE channels for the $10/month intro offer. I might have to try that before my next Philo monthly renewal.

I'm trying to load Vidgo TVE on 2021.03.18.0114 but it gets stuck on Verifying Log In. I have another machine on 2021.3.16.1916 that DOES load. So do I have a machine problem or is there a problem with the latest pre-releaase?

Solved it. It may have just been my machine, or a coincidence, but I stopped trying to load Vidgo while Channels was installed as a background service. I stopped the service, then loaded Channels into System Tray, and it authroized the Vidgo TVE just fine. Another $10 month of TVE.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Experimental: Local Networks (NBC, ABC, FOX) in some major metros via TVE

Please continue posts about Vidgo in the official Provider topic

So we don't have to view multiple topics about the same thing.