Warning - Synology DSM7

I tried that, but it appears to have crashed. The UI looks like this now:

and there is no longer a web server listening on port 8089.

Unless that step takes an inordinate amount of time, I think I am stuck. My presumptive next step is to uninstall, reinstall and restore the DB from a backup at the new location.

EDIT: I started down that road, but the package center said that the Channels package was "manually stopped." Clicking "run" seems to have brought it back.

1 Like

I decided to migrate today and the installation of the new package seems to have hung. I followed the steps above (do a DB backup, uninstall, update DSM 7, install new package). Anybody else see this? It's been spinning for ~20 minutes and now I'm worried...

Edit: Disregard, didn't realize it was slowly downloading something. It finally finished successfully.

1 Like

Synology sent me a nag notice about end-of-life for 6.2 next October. I decided to upgrade to 7.x today, as there are no recordings scheduled and I'm around the house. Easy, thanks to the help I found here. Thanks!

For #6, grant r/w permissions:

All sources automatically restored (two HDHRs and Personal Media including PlayOn Cloud).

All clients found the new installation without complaint (Fire TV and Android).

Good to go! I haven't tried to delete the new ChannelsDVR directory, and may not bother.

1 Like

If you chose a different directory than the one the Synology Package created /volume1/ChannelsDVR, I wouldn't worry about it. Synology won't allow you to delete that shared folder as long as the Channels DVR Synology package is installed.

I modified my Channels DVR for Synology package to not create that shared folder /volume1/ChannelsDVR.

1 Like