Watch Newest First

Did the "Watch Newest First" show setting perhaps get broken in the recent round of updates?

I record Deadline White House daily but don't watch it most days or only watch part of it. Until recently it would appear at the top of Up Next when the day's episode recorded. A few days ago, I noticed that was no longer happening. The show was staying buried down in Up Next. Then, today, I noticed that hitting Play would play the older episode rather than the latest episode. This happens both in the Admin UI and the Android client.

I've also noticed that toggling the setting does not display correctly in the Admin UI. Clicking the button to turn the option off does not show it off until I refresh the page. When I click the button to turn the option on it immediately displays correctly. Toggling the state of the other two show options does reflect correctly in the UI with no need for a refresh.

It is possible that this is due to having a partially watched episode. If so, I find this an undesirable change. I don't feel like rereading the entire "Up Next" thread to try to determine whether or not this is an intentional change. I fear this may be a you-can't-please-everyone situation.

This was not intentional. If you can submit diagnostics in the broken state I will be happy to fix it.

I submitted diagnostics from the server. 25e78424-eee2-451f-9b92-b332aabe605e

If there is some action you would like to have me perform before submitting the diagnostics, I'll be happy to try.

Thanks. So basically you had an episode from a couple days ago that you started watching and never finished. And up next keeps showing that instead of the new one from today.

Yes.

BTW, the older episode went away while I was composing my original post. I have it set to keep only the most recent episode. I was attempting to watch it today while it was still recording.

For what it’s worth, I have noticed this behavior as well.

Should be fixed.

1 Like

Did the "Watch Newest First" show setting perhaps get broken in the recent round of updates?
I've also noticed that toggling the setting does not display correctly in the Admin UI.

Sorry for the dumb question but where is this "Watch Newest First" setting in the Web UI?

In the Web UI, go to Library > TV Shows > [Your Show] > Show Options

Thank you. I was looking for a global flag.

From the web UI, you may want to look at: Clients > Client Settings > Library > Airing Order

(IIRC, this sets the default in the clients. However, I think manually changing it per-program overrides this setting.)

Up Next problem is fixed.

Toggling the Watch Newest First option still does not update properly in the UI. The option shows as on when I turn it off. It does really turn off, and displays as off, once I refresh the page.

Version 2022.01.20.2033.