WD MyCloud: Chrome Crashing

I had the same issue on my Pr2100, (ERROR was CONTEXT CANCELLED) so I went looking to roll back my PR2100 to Firmware 5.26.300 and “IT WORKED”.

I also turned of the auto update of the FIRMWARE until a fix is found.

Firmware Links from WD

Hope this help anyone with a WD MyCloud
Jerry

1 Like

I also wanted to roll back my PR2100 firmware and disable auto updates but wasn't able to find any links to previous firmware on WD support site. Can you provide the link to where you found it? Once available did you simply install it using the option to "install manually". Thank you

I thought my firmware was already 5.26 but think it is 5.27 so link you provided should be what I was asking for. Question still then on steps you took to install. Thanks again.

Hooray! I too was able to manually rollback WD MyCloud PR4100 firmware to OS 5 5.26.300 firmware. Download your version at WD: My Cloud OS 5 Firmware Release Note 5.26.300 - Announcements - WD Community
My Chrome failure woes are gone for now; I'm able to update my source and play DVR TVE. Channels lives again. Be sure to switch Off the auto update feature. Let's hope there's a WD or Channels app firmware fix in the offing.
Thanks to all who reached out to solve this issue. Paul

1 Like

update the firmware on the last page of the firmware for your PR2100. manual firmware update, and make sure your auto update is of for now. GOOD LUCK

1. Use the following WD link to the OS 5 5.26.300 firmware release at: (My Cloud OS 5 Firmware Release Note 5.26.300 - Announcements - WD Community)
  2. Download the PR2100 file to desktop on a PC or laptop.
  3. Use your laptop to login to your MyCloud using its IP address from your home network.
  4. From MyCloud home menu at top right, select the Settings tab.
  5. Deselect Auto-update, making it inactive.
  6. Select Firmware update from left column.
  7. Select Manual update / browse and upload the 5.26.300 file you saved on your desktop/laptop.
  8. Save.
  9. Your MyCloud should reboot, and hopefully the Channels app begins working again with Chrome failure error messages.

Thank you for the detailed steps. I plan to do this soon and currently making sure I have a current backup of everything first as a precaution.

The update should not effect your stored content. Its updating system files only. During my update all storage was retained and plays.

The install of the previous firmware version was successful and I again have the TV Everywhere channels. Thanks for the helpful in this forum.

We have a fix that we believe solves the issue on the latest firmware. To test it, update to the latest pre-release and then when it's updated go to Settings -> Advanced and enable "Experimental Updated Embedded Chrome"

After a minute, please try to rescan again and it should be fixed.

2 Likes

Dang wish I had read this first. Just installed old firmware. I will upgrade and try this fix.

First indications are that this fix is working! Thanks!

1 Like

Eric,
Your Experimental Updated Embedded Chrome pre-version fix works with MyCloud firmware version 5.27.157.

Great work! Thank you.

1 Like

If you’re on an x86-64 based NAS, please try the latest pre-release. Go to Support -> Troubleshooting, and click "Click here to upgrade Chrome".

I've un-toggled the Experimental Embedded Chrome setting and I'm pleased to say MyCloud PR4100 firmware version 5.27.157 continues to work in Channels DVR TVE.

No error messages and extended cable channels play via HDHR-Prime and my cablecard survives another day.

I haven't updated my PR2100 to 5.27.157 yet. Everything else going well or should I wait a bit?

Try updating your PR2100 MyCloud firmware to version 5.27.157 to see. If it doesn't work out, manually roll it back to 5.26.300. However, I have chosen to keep MyCloud auto-update switched off for the time being.

I get “ fork/exec ./chromedp-shell: no such file or directory” every time I try to re add Hulu live TVE.

@brgator Please try the latest pre-release, update Chrome again in the Troubleshooting page and let us know if it resolves the issue.