Weather channel now gone

Good idea. I just downgraded to $5.99/month but it won't take effect until my renewal date, which will be on 11/02. To be continued...

1 Like

I agree, it’s not an ideal solution. And I sincerely hope the Channels DVR people bake in a native solution for Frndly like they have done with PlayOn and did with Locast. For me, for now, it’s a decent solution. But I also use docker for other things too, so it’s already on my system chugging a way anyway.

I see that in the next few weeks there will be a new The Weather Channel Plus streaming service for $4.99 per month. I hope the service will allow "Local on the 8's" local forecast like the cable providers have available.

Well, I have some very good news to report! :smiley:

As of 2 days ago, my Frndly TV package is now the basic one:

frndly_basic_plan

Earlier today, I recorded a full program on The Weather Channel to check the video details after the recording was over. Nice surprise...

It is still HD! Same resolution as I was getting previously with my $9.99 package.

Not only that, but I also confirmed that I am not limited to only 2 simultaneous streams in Channels DVR. Here is an example with 5 recordings at the same time from Frndly TV channels:

So thank you, @Fofer, for suggesting to try the $5.99/month package. My Channels DVR subscription is getting even better use now! :grin:

2 Likes

Just in time for this change: https://thestreamable.com/news/frndly-tv-reaches-deal-with-a-e-networks-raises-subscription-price-for-the-first-time

1 Like

Already marked solved. Time to close the thread. 2nd Request