Where To Find Other Reliable M3U & EPG

Hello all.

I'm (still) pretty new to all this. Thanks to Channels Community postings, I recently added Pluto m3u & epg to my Channels setup. Works flawlessly & love it. I even managed to set it up using Docker.

Although working from a pretty steep learning curve - I still like to tinker around & learn.

I'm wondering where one can go to find other potential m3u/epg - like STIRR or Airy TV (for example) - or any others that offer a quality live stream of content. I've done a Google search on downloading m3u's. I've come across all kinds of results - but honestly have no idea what is legit or what is crap.

Any advice on where to go would be appreciated.

STIRR is already available here: Stirr for Channels

3 Likes

Cool. I must've missed that.
Thank you! :grinning:

In my experience, prepackaged M3U and/or XMLTV-EPG links generally indicate poor quality, unreliable and/or non-legit streams. You can google Matt Huisman m3u8 streams and find some that may work, but your mileage will vary. The active per-DVR processing of Pluto, Philo, STIRR, etc. always provides a much more reliable result.

Was not familiar with Airy-TV. Would be easy to convert into a source for Channels, but not worth the effort to me personally. In my first few days with Channels using locast+philo+pluto, the several hundred channels of choices seemed amazing. Within twenty-four hours, realized most of the content was uninteresting to me personally. Reducing the channel list to something manageable quickly became a priority.

If you want to experiment with Airy TV, it looks easy:

https://api.airy.tv/api/v2.1.7/channels

Guessing you could place any of the categories.#.stream_channels.#.source_url into a custom M3U (and build a reasonable guide if you are so inclined). Best of luck.

1 Like

"In my experience, prepackaged M3U and/or XMLTV-EPG links generally indicate poor quality, unreliable and/or non-legit streams.." My thoughts as well. Pretty new to m3u thing. I know of them & have a basic understanding of what they are and do.

Sounds like my instincts were right to be skeptical of pre-packaged m3u. Not gonna mess with them.

Pluto's been working great. Can't wait to try out STIRR and give Airy TV a go.

My thanks friend!

2 Likes

There's more discussion on M3Us and EPGs here: Samsung, Roku, Vizio, BumbleBee, Tubi TV

I've managed to get both the free Samsung and Plex streaming channels into my DVR with EPGs. Sometimes you have to manually pull the EPGs but these are open streams and free. A lot of these are duplicates with Stirr and Pluto, some are not as common. Like ION Plus or AXS TV Now. Not currently supported but it does work.

1 Like

This awesome. Can't wait to try it out.
Thanks for the post