Windows DVR BUG: Glitches during recording

Believe I’m already on the latest firmware (20161119), at least if the SD support page is to be believed. Cables are Cat6 as well.

And aren’t you supposed to be getting ready for a wedding and honeymoon? :slight_smile:

There’s a beta firmware on their forums that fixes some Ethernet issues.

AH…thought were were referring to the “production” firmware.

Downloaded and installed…will let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the quick replies. Congrats!

-Dan

I’ve come back to Channels DVR after a break for a while. A couple of recordings last night had the same old glitches in them. I never got that with Plex DVR recordings for the past 6 months or so. Any new thoughts to try since we know Plex doesn’t do it while recording. Thanks!!!

I’ve seen this on some recording almost always when I’m recording one show and watching another DVR’d show, even the one recording. Last night I realized my DVR, running on a MPB, was connected to the slower WiFi in my house instead of the 5G. However, because it was in the middle of recording, I couldn’t change it over. I’ve always thought this issue was resources on the DVR. I will post an update on whether or not I see it once the DVR host is moved to my 5G WiFi.

We watched Chicago PD last night while Chicago Fire was recording. Not one single glitch or stutter while watching. Before watching, I made sure my DVR host was on my 5G wifi. All was good!

1 Like

I’ve still been getting the glitches at random. I’ve added a new gigabit network card to my system and swapped out the network switch that I was using to see if that will help with this week’s recordings. Since the glitches seemed to be related to flow control on network card, and I’ve made those changes long ago, want to try the network equipment to see what that does.

1 Like

Im still trying to figure out where to disable flow control on my old lenovo running win10. ill have to figure out how to power shell i guess. so you recommend disabling alltogether? i have hdhr but not to crazed for the hdhr interface so im running everything through kodi and it look amazing. picture art, trailers etc for all my dvr content and im using hdhr simple for the guide and viewing live.

Just ran into this problem again after updating windows 10 to 2004 update. The instructions to disable it are still correct. Just wanted to let anyone else know if they ran into the problem after the update.

2 Likes