Wondering about a non-beta release

It is not experimental anymore. It is now the standard guide. Is it not working for you?

Just a question on this, I stay on the current "stable release" always, this is for onn firesticks.
What the difference between that and the "Releases" being talked about here?
And how would i install the new 4.10 release etc.
Thanks for any clarification

Paging is still not working properly for me. My understanding from the other thread was that the experimental guide had fixed that. Updated to 4.10.0 on my Shield TV Pro, paging down still jumps forward in the timeline in the guide. Page up seems to work fine, but page down is unusable because of how the guide jumps to the right.

Hey man, I just appreciate the communication.
Thank you.

Testing out the new version now.

same here on my streamer4k, also app crash with multiple PGDN's

I normally don't use Google TV, but testing on my Sony Google TV the guide seems to work the same as the beta experimental guide. I don't notice any paging problem. I can test on my Shield tomorrow, but not sure I can do a page up or down with the standard remote.

Although the guide does still have some intermittent bugs. The guide is much better, but I think the developers have struggled with the guide on Android. I use the On Later and Search to limit my need for the guide.

1 Like

The Walmart ONN stick devices use the Google Play Store. It has the new app version and I believe it should automatically update your device. The Amazon Firestick devices use the Amazon App Store and it does not have the new version yet.

If the Amazon App Store continues to be difficult, would it not be worth allowing the APK to be downloaded & installed directly i.e. with a Downloader code?

OK, I was able to duplicate the page down problem. But if I always highlighted the selection on the far left, the page down worked fairly consistently no matter what time it was. I did crash the app occasionally when testing this out.

I'll answer my own question (in case anyone else needs it) since the devs just don't seem to respond any more :expressionless:

You know, there are three of them, right? Supporting however many users use this product.

They support so many platforms, and there are three of them. Please, just understand that there are three of them. :slightly_smiling_face:

It's also a paid product, and we are therefore customers, sometimes in need of support. Yet these forums are predominantly users talking to other users, or worse, threads with no replies at all and auto-closed by the system - which means a full month has passed with no reply.

A quick look at the front page of the community will tell you that the categories have at most 8 posts a week - most have less than 3 posts a week.

I acknowledge that the lack of updates on FireTV for example are down to Amazon putting restrictions on the store, but we are now over a year since a release (4.9.4 was released August 2025).

Like you, I've been a paid user since 2023 - and the Android/Fire app still has some of the same issues it has had since then (for me, Picture in Picture is still the most frustrating).

Anyway, I don't want this to be entirely negative. In the spirit of the community I wanted to ensure that my question was answered, and since I found the answer, returned to do so in case it helped another user. We all obviously think it's worth what we pay (else we would cancel), but I do expect better, I don't think that's unreasonable and have seen similar sentiment from other users on here.

1 Like

Maybe email support then. Have you thought that maybe your comment got lost in a mess of comments on the forum? Have you thought of just emailing support directly so you get a proper ticket in?

It's a very active community forum with a very passionate community, and it might be best to just open a support ticket. Most of the categories do not have 8 posts a week. You're completely wrong. I'm constantly posting on here and constantly building third-party integrations on here. I spent my time building a third-party desktop app for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux, and a refactor for ah4c. I would advise you maybe email support directly. They're pretty responsive. But keep in mind, it's a small team. You're buying into a product, which they're very upfront about, is made by three people.

They can't be building the software, reading the forum, and responding to support tickets at the same time. Maybe they can do two of those, two out of three.

It's just, you know, that's not reasonable to ask of them. It's a forum with a search function that can be used, and clearly, you found your answer by using the search function. So, it's meant to be a community space. If you need help from the developers directly, there's no expectation that you're going to get it here. You should be emailing support.

It was a continuation of a conversation, not something valid of a support ticket.

I can't agree with you that it's an unreasonable ask to have some form of reply within a month I'm afraid - the client app categories for Android and Fire TV have only a handful of posts a week.

Appreciate your opinion, but I'd like to hear from the devs more - if nothing else for reassurance that the platform I'm invested in is continuing to be updated. Thanks.

Look, I'm not interested in continuing this conversation with you anymore, so I hope you have a good day and maybe show the developers some grace. It's a Jewish holiday today. I'm going to go and observe that. So I would appreciate it if we can just end this conversation.

They are a small team, they work pretty hard, and this tool is reasonably priced and it does a lot. So, you know, maybe open a support ticket. That way they can track their work rather than hunting through the forums for someone's comment. As someone who works directly in IT and deals with both floods of emails as well as helpdesk tickets, I would take a ticket over an email any day because I can actually monitor a ticket and triage it rather than trying to dig through an email for a problem.

1 Like

I don't read anything in this thread as being disrespectful. I've tried using the support email in the past without resolution more than once, so I'm not sure that's always particularly effective. I have noticed that when an issue is brought about publicly here in the forum, that the exposure to existing customers and appearance to potential customers can occasionally get a better response than the support email option, which if ignored never really garners any attention otherwise.

1 Like

I just want to bring this back to the guide paging issues. Can we get a fix for that?

1 Like

Unfortunately there's no such thing as a support ticket, it's just emails for support. Some get answered, some get ignored.

But we're only paying 80 bucks a year, I'm not going to get too bent out of shape about it.

it is still fixed and a debug experimental option in the beta.. just sayin

also you can have both beta and non installed simultaniously

they can even both be running simultaneously :exploding_head: unfortunately the audio is simultaneous too

That's good to know, so I guess the question is why didn't that make it into the official release?