Writing dockers for Philo and other services

Hi guys,
I wanted to see if there is an interest in writing a docker for Philo? I would think it might be easier to use a docker for Stremium. If a docker was designed for Stremium, it would allow for channels to access multiple services.
Would be neat to learn what's involved.

1 Like

Confused. You can already add Philo as a TVE source. What would a separate Docker container do above and beyond that?

1 Like

The existing Docker images designed for use with Channels (Pluto TV, MLB TV) are only possible because their streams are transmitted in ways that are easily compatible with Channels DVR. You’re not going find a Docker container that cleanly grabs streams from Philo, Fubo, Sling, or other services that have DRM, and the required workarounds to make something like that work would require a lot of effort + maintenance. I wouldn’t hold your breath if you expect someone to pursue it in their spare time.

You’re better off using Stremium directly or looking into PlayOn Cloud, which does import into Channels.

1 Like

Hi there,
Thanks for the prospective I enjoy the dockers we ahve and i do subscribe to Stremium.
I just feel their platform is incomplete.

thanks

2 Likes

Any updates? Have you gotten anywhere with this?

I wasn't sure what this docker thing was about so I searched and found a Frndly TV Docker. I'm pretty sure that's DRMed too no?

1 Like

Nope. On Frndly, there were a couple of channels a few months ago we think were DRM streams, but they changed back to stream types that Channels can use. As of right now all the Frndly channels are playable in Channels through the awesome Frndly TV for Channels docker (with Frndly subscription).

2 Likes

See:

2 Likes

If you replaced the FFmpeg files it still wouldn't work?

If you are looking to get Philo into Channels, consider using Chrome Capture.
The docker and the windows version work well.
the ADBtuner project looks promising. I am waiting on my hdmi video encoder.

1 Like

Am I missing something. Philo is available in Channels as a TVE source. I’ve been using Philo since December last year. It is literally one of the popular sources.

There is a lot more Stuff using the Philo APP ... I think the OP wants to be able to record all Channels in Philo not just TVE.

The best options for getting Philo are as follows using the following projects.
Chrome Capture for Channels
ADBTUNER for Channels
The second method will require some investment and I'm happy to mention that I have gotten both options online.
I like Philo but hate the app at least on apple tv.

thanks