Provider - Philo

What do they think your local station is at ABC Live Stream - ABC.com
The one with the lock icon

ABC/4 Pittsburgh. My ISP is T-Mo Fixed Wireless, and the server changes around from time to time.

There geolocation isn't working or they ignore the results of it.
I see it all the time with ABC and NBC.
Right now ABC works for me, but NBC shows me in different locations each time I refresh the web page.
Could be the DNS servers you're using. I'm using Cloudflare quad 1 (1.1.1.1) and Google quad 8 (8.8.8.8)
Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 08-25-57 NBC TV Network - Shows Episodes Schedule

Refresh web page and

Screenshot 2022-08-21 at 08-26-53 Watch the NBC News Live Stream - NBC.com

Hey Channels people - I have a dumb question...I just got FRNDLY to work via Phython....I am wondering why we can't do the same thing to Philo? There are channels that I can get on FRNDLY that apparently do not have TVE capability with Philo....ie GAC Family and GAC Living. Any feedback is much appreciated.

2 Likes

The philo stream format is not compatible with Channels. Frndly just so happens to be compatible with Channels.

Okay…Thanks everyone.

Got it. Ok thanks everyone

21 posts were split to a new topic: Help with RPI + Philo

I was looking for TLC and finally realized I wasn't getting any channels below 6700. Clicking 'Update password' fixed that. The total number of channels went up from 79 to 115.

Should users using Philo and not having any channels in 6000-6700 range be notified?

Not sure I understand the question or issue you are relating to? When I had an issue, I had to go into the lineup and scan each of the missing channels manually, then they all populated. Being using it for a month now without issue.

1 Like

Receiving error "400: Missing client user agent header (invalid.payload)" when trying to view a few channels in Channels (Philo Provider) on the following channels:

Channel

6101 Discovery
6102 Food Network
6103 Animal Planet
6104 HGTV
6105 TLC
6106 TRVL
6107 ID
6108 Magnolia Network
6109 Cooking Channel
6110 SCI
6111 AHC - American Heros Channel
6112 Destination America
6113 Discovery Life
6114 Motortrend

Diagnostics submitted @ 12:28AM CST via AppleTV Client

Can view through Philo client on AppleTV

When viewing through Channels Guide in web browser the channel will open, I click on [VIEW], it appears to attempt to connect, then the control that would contain the content seems to crash (it disappears) and you land right back to the same dialog when you first opened the channel.

Submitted diagnostics from the Channels Web guide attempts: 509692a7-4041-4d31-8861-68015e6a4ff6

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

1 Like

Try latest prerelease

2 Likes

The latest build will resolve the issue.

Version 2023.02.04.2110 solved it. Thanks!

New Philo subscription. Hallmark channels (3) are failing TVE scan with following error: "invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value". Any helpful ideas on how to solve this?

1 Like

It's not just a Philo issue, see this topic

Philo just sent out notice yesterday that AXS and HD Net (in a sub package) are no longer available starting August 1st.

Looks like you wil need to either use Sling or something else.
AXS and HDNET aren't on TVE.

1 Like

Both HDNET and AXS are in the Value Channels at FreeCast+. Looks like an app that's a work in progress.. FreeCast has a DVR for the Value Channels only. While those two channels never had TVE in my Philo scans, there has been an addition to my Philo TVE in Channels in the past week, it now includes Mystery Alley from Ovation. I assume that is coming to the Philo app line up, it's not on the app as of today.