Xfinity and TVE broken?

Been using TVE with Xfinity for months and working OK. Running Channels 2024.09.10.2115 on a Pi4. Sometime last night Xfinity channels all stopped working with scheduled recordings getting various errors. Tried rescanning etc., and many channels didn't even show up in the list to be scanned. Several times the "rescan" simply hung and I had to reboot the Channels server. Eventually I just deleted the Xfinity source. Also created a new Xfinity "secondary" account with no 2FA, and then tried to set up a new Xfinity source in Channels, using the new secondary account. Tried twice so far, getting just a "That didn't go as planned" result suggesting I try later:

I'll try again, but is anyone else having Xfinity problems today? Is Xfinity/TVE broken?

Jack

What little remains of Xfinity TVE for me, Just checked, still works.

You may have hit a security time out from trying to fast in short time. May have to wait 24hrs or more for it to work.

I've seen that one Provider - Xfinity - #1009 by chDVRuser
Use a browser and link your provider here MVPD Picker
After being sent to Xfinity and logging in, do you see something like this? Provider - Xfinity - #1004 by chDVRuser

Thanks chDVRuser. I tried several times to add Xfinity as a source. Most of the time it took minutes and then just said "That didn't go as planned." Only once I got the "please set up an email and mobile number for your account. But the links to do that didn't work, and I couldn't find a way to add an email or mobile number to an existing Xfinity account.

Apparently accounts all now need a mobile number, and the older accounts I had set up didn't have one. They also wouldn't allow me to use the same mobile number on two accounts. Perhaps that's why my Channels source suddenly stopped working after being OK for more than a year.

Curiously, my "main" account has 2FA disabled; I can't tell if the new account requires 2FA or not. It seems you can't have an Xfinity account now unless you also have a mobile phone. I tried to set up a "guest" account so house guests are separated from my main account, but that appears to be impossible.

Their website is seriously deranged. And extremely slow.

I just set up an entirely new account, using an old "spare" mobile phone's number. Went through the texts and codes dance. Set up the Channels source, and ... this time it worked! 122 channels added to Channels source.

Whether or not it continues working? Who knows.....