Xfinity authentication failures

Sometimes Xfinity authentication will fail because they are throwing up an interstitial during login, asking you to update your security questions, email, phone number, etc.

Would be good if these could be caught and notify me to log in on xfinity.com rather than just silently failing as "unable to authenticate to provider".

Please make sure you're running the latest pre-release build:

Once you've done that and the issue has happened again, go to Support -> Troubleshooting -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from the web interface of the DVR and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

having this issue i notice
[ERR] Could not start stream for TVE-Comcast_SSO ch6072 NGWILD: TVE: Cable provider authentication failed
Trouble shooting says Chrome was out of date. click to update. Updated. same issue.
Trouble shooter still says out of date
Chrome version is out of date: HeadlessChrome/89.0.4389.114
Running using Pi image.
Version
server

up to date

ad8f321f-c02c-4b0b-b35e-fb3cd66bc7a5 .

edit: I try updatig chrome via what was posted whiel back, add a TVE provider with "any" and hold down the Sign in Button. get error

Get "https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/": dial tcp: lookup registry-1.docker.io on [::1]:53: read udp [::1]:55192->[::1]:53: read: connection refused

Doing it with ALL xfinity channels.

1 Like

Can't seem to recall or find via search the url to view error screenshot.

So... by going to the nat Geo login page. or this link i foudn in random thread...
https://sp.auth.adobe.com/adobe-services/authenticate/saml

Login with Xfinity, it is loading a couple of "Security Check" pages after the password page.
Please add phone number, then was on other screen, i forget what it wanted but was able to click past it, Not now link, and it loaded into nat geo site fine.

Now, Channels is working.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.