Xfinity won't add as source...Not In Subscription

Thanks! Done :slight_smile:

Maybe your VPN is causing problems

I tried it with vpn disconnected and connected. Neither worked. :frowning:

I tried logging in with DirecTV login and it worked. But then Comcast still didn't work. So it feels like it must be something with them.

Yes. The problem is that when the DVR clicks this in a Chrome incognito window, no login form is shown for it to be able to enter the user/pass. It logs in automatically to some account which doesn't have a cable tv subscription

Sign in to watch Xfinity TV online

I see. I wonder if maybe there is a saved password or browser session somewhere allowing it to do that.

There's no saved anything in chrome incognito

Ok, I think we figured it out. Your last message made me think a bit, like if it is incognito, why is it auto logging in with different credentials...Everytime the window opened to add the source, it would put a username and password in there automatically. EVEN after I deleted all cache, cookies, and passwords from my browser. So on a hunch, I just uninstalled the DVR server, reinstalled and loaded a backup from before all this, and now it works to add xfinity.

When I get that error, usually step 9 (which clears the chromedata folder) fixes it for me.
I do this before rescanning individual channels and before remove/re-add source.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.