YouSee Denmark Guide Data missing/incorrect

EPG still full of errors and channel ‘TV 2’ missing. Please take a look at this again.

Do you need a list of all the missing channels once again, or?

If you make a list I can copy/paste to send to our provider.

Missing channels:
TV 2 (this is the most watched channel in Denmark!)

Missing EPG:
Channel 11 - Comedy Central Denmark
Channel 15 - Canal9
Channel 17 - Discovery Channel Denmark
Channel 26 - NatGeo Denmark
Channel 38 - TV3 MAX
Channel 39 - EuroSport 1
Channel 41 - EuroSport 2
Channel 49 - TV 2 Sport
Channel 50 - Animal Planet
Channel 51 - NatGeo People
Channel 52 - NatGeo Wild
Channel 54 - Investigation Discovery (ID)

As you can see, so many missing that it’s not very usable or worth paying for.

Hope you can get it fixed - As I mentioned above, honeybee.it EPG info is perfect.

1 Like

It looks like you’re still using an old guide database. Can you please click the trash icon under the HDHR and then re-enter your location to pick YouSee

Thanks, but I already did that 3 times yesterday. Click the trash icon, add the EPG, area code: 2000, provider: YouSee.

Still all these channels EPG are wrong, and ‘TV 2’ is missing?

TV2 has been added. The other channels data is not available according to our provider.

That’s disappointing, that’s a lot of channels without guide data. I hope you will consider the option of XML data, so we can use our own EPG guide data (honeybee.it).

I hope that too. That would open up the market for a lot more countries and providers and make me interested in DVR again.

I still find it strange that you can provide pretty accurate Yousee EPG for channels without DVR, though.

It seems the reason TV2 and other channels have been missing since February is not a problem with Channels but with the firmware on the HDHomerun.

As far as I can gather from Silicondust’s forums there is a problem that the tuner seemingly randomly chooses between different network IDs, leading to different channels on the same frequenc been numbered the same and then the HDHomerun just chooses one of these and ignores the other. To verify this issue try scanning for channels in the timers webinterface (my.silicondust.com) multiple times. Most likely you will get (slightly) different listings for each scan.

Silicondust has acknowledged the problem and says that they will implement a way to manually specify the network ID, but this have been pending for 4 month so far with very little information in terms of an eta, so my hopes are dwindling…

This is very sad as it really breaks functionality of Channels which is a great app, but this is out of their control. Pressure needs to be put on Silicondust to fix this.

Edit:
Link to thread on SD forums regarding the issue: https://forum.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=67894&start=45

I have all the Yousee channels working when just using the Channel app. Channels DVR however still has the same problem with missing EPG, so I have skipped the DVR part an is just using Channels to watch live TV.

That is interesting. Would you mind telling me which HDHomeRun model you have? It may be that this only affects the Expand? Or may be it is down to the firmware version. Really interested in finding this out, as my setup is really crippled at the moment. But I do have an old Duo lying around, so if it is due to the model it may be time to break this out again.

I have a HDHomeRun Expand. Firmware version 20170930.

I have never had missing channels, only missing EPG data when using DVR. Have you checked the channel lineup and signal strength on my.hdhomerun.com?

That is really interesting. Your setup is identical to mine, but we are seeing very different results.

I have scanned for channels many many times directly from the my.hdhomerun.com page. Each time I get a different result.

Right now I have DR K in TV2’s place, Comedy Channel in DR K’s place and TV3 and Kanal 5 swapped around and 3Puls on both 10 (where it should be and 11 where Comedy should be). If I initiate a new scan, I am certain to get a new line up, possibly with other channels missing and swapped around. It has been this way since Yousee moved the channels around back in Jan/Feb,

According to the Silicondust forum thread I have linked to above, this is a know issue caused by the HDHomeRun using different Network ID’s for different channels causing conflicts.

Interesting to know how come this does not affect you though…

Do you have the HDHomerun software installed? do you get the same result when scanning from there?

Have not tried that. Generally I have not used the SD software very much as it is not really that usable on a Mac… Will give it a try though.

Edit: Spoke to soon. As far as I can see, there is no option in the Mac-app to scan for channels. Or am I just not looking in the right place?

Silicondust have provided a beta firmware for the Expand that solves my issue. With the beta firmware it is possible to select the correct network ID after doing a channel scan on my.hdhomerun.com

Just posting this if there are other who are struggling with this issues. Link to the beta firmware can be found in the forum thread I linked to above.

1 Like

Sounds good. Thanks for the heads-up.