YouTube TV: Cable provider authentication failed

New user. Can't add Source and keep getting error when trying to add YoutubeTV. We can login to youtubetv and also NBC via browser without any problems. But it keeps throwing an erro when using the getchannels integration.

I've just started having this problem, too, and it was working fine for almost a year prior.

1 Like

A new Beta release was just released. Might want to try that. Specifically for Youtube and Chrome issue.

1 Like

I recently experienced what I know many other users have had issues with and that the " Cable provider authentication failed" when trying to install YouTube TV. I had successfully installed YouTube TV a few months ago but noticed I was getting my recorded programs. I deleted it from "Sources" and tried to reinstall it and got the infamous "Cable provider authentication failed" notice. I've read thru many articles and responses and have not seen a clear resolution to this issue. I used several different browser and even tried to install Hulu Live but they use a 2 step verification system. I was able to install Sling TV with no problems but they don't supply the TVE channels that I want. I'm really disappointed with this since I wanted the channels that I get on TVE with YouTube TV. I really like the DVR but if you can't get the channels you want on it, there's no sense in continuing to use it. If anyone has seen a "clear" resolution, please let me know...

I'm seeing the same thing.
Trying to switch over from xFinity as my source.
I can see www.nbc.com live tv just fine with my youtube credentials.

Anyone have any ideas, please let me know.

MM

Add me to the list of YTTV users whose credentials don’t work in Channels. Any attempt to add YTTV as a source yields “cable provider authentication failed”. None of the normal TVE tips do any good.

Please go to Support -> Troubleshooting -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from the web interface of the DVR and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

2 Likes

:+1:t3: Logs have been submitted as 3d72623d-b1d5-4ba3-ab9c-bc75d25b152e.

Doesn’t look like we can do anything at this time to solve this. We’re continuing to investigate.

Is everyone getting this now or is it random??
I was bout to start a 3-week free trial of YTTV to see how it performs with Channels,
but if I won't be able to authinicate not much point.
3-week trial sign-up ends on Aug.10
Thanks

1 Like

I’ve seen reports that YTTV is bungled up for iOS devices, so the problems may not be confined to only Channels. I’d wait a few days to see what happens before abandoning YTTV altogether.

I wonder if this issue us on apple /iOS only?
No one mentions what device oper system.

Maybe I’m assuming correlation is causation, but logon problems with Channels DVR and iOS devices are happening at the same time. I’m running Channels on a RPi4 using the custom image on a Samsung SSD.

I am having the issue on iOS and FireTV.

I'm using android TV for Channels DVR, Nvidia Shield TV Pro along with a Synology NAS. Still not working...here's the latest response I got via email from Eric in Support:

" It looks like YouTubeTV may be having problems with the Synology. We are investigating but currently do not have a way around this."

Doesn't give me much hope...or reason to continue to use Channels DVR.

I’m not sure the server has as much to do about it as the whole “beta” status of TVE. YTTV must have made some wholesale changes that render Channels DVR useless.

I would think with Sunday Ticket starting they are making wholesale changes to try to stop what we are trying to do...

Good point. I love channels but without YouTube authentication, I will probably use YouTube DVR with all its warts. Thanks to the developers, I'm sure they solve this.

SUCCESS I used my gmail E-mail instead of Username and it verified, took 3-5 minutes but did it.
I just signed up for the 3 week free trial.
I tried adding source with my actual Username and got the failure.
Tried with my email and it worked !!!
EDIT: BYW when using the YTTV app there are 4 pre-selected Multi-screens which work in the YTTV app.

Does this solution work now across the board or am I just lucky??

SUCCESS I used my gmail E-mail instead of Username and it verified, took 3-5 minutes but did it.
I just signed up for the 3 week free trial.
I tried adding source with my actual Username and got the failure.
Tried with my email and it worked !!!
I am on latest stable release Version 2023.08.07.2138
I did not set up Family Sharing or 2FA.
EDIT: BTW when using the YTTV app there are 4 pre-selected Multi-screens which work in the YTTV app.