A&E Live TV

Even greater find! Hopefully the devs can incorporate these streams

1 Like

Would be great to be able to add these

just because they have a online web stream that uses cable login, does NOT mean they have a TVE type stream that channels can use.

How will we know?

That looks like something channels might be able to use. Great find It doesn't hurt to ask the Channels developers if it is a possibility.

Added support in latest prerelease.

You'll have to update (via click-and-hold on Check for Updates), then after the upgrade: click the pencil icon under your TVE source, click EDIT at the top right, scroll down to 6043 and hit Rescan.

15 Likes

That was a quick turnaround! Thanks for staying on top of things!

A note: remember to quit/force close your client apps after rescanning and adding the channels. That will ensure that they query the server for the complete channel list and guide. Otherwise the channel may not show, or appear with no guide information.

1 Like

EXCELLENT! :grinning:

Can confirm that all 4 channels work now.

Now, if only someone could find a URL stream Channels could use for Discovery Family and the rest of the Nickelodeon channels...woudl be perfect. (and if Philo would add Nat Geo Wild TVE)

4 Likes

Might be prudent for the OP's of the Provider threads to be updated to indicate these 4 networks now work with Channels.

1 Like

You guys amaze me, best software I've ever purchased!

6 Likes

Discovery Family's iOS app has a live stream, so hopefully they will push it to the website like the rest of the Discovery channels.

1 Like

Thank you guys for finding this and for the devs for adding it quickly. Just canceled Philo.

2 Likes

This is great, thank you. Working fine on Spectrum service.

1 Like

This is working great many thanks.

Philo still provides me some TVE networks that my folks Xfinity TVE account does not. (like DIY)
So...I still am keeping Philo.
Also makes a good backup/secondary source for some shows for me.
As well as the VOD and past ep air cloud DVR thing...in case i miss something.
But very much happy to have A&E in Channels now, so that I can record and save clips from LIVE PD again now.

1 Like

I only used Philo so I can view Live PD late. All the other channels I used Spectrum app to watch. Now that A&E is added I can save 20 bucks and use it towards a premium now. Just sub to Starz for $3.33 a month for 6 months. Philo savings paid for it $19.95. This is a great day for me being a Channels DVR user. Thanks Fancy Bits.

7 Likes

They listened to my petition! :slight_smile: but it would be nice if my smartDNS stopped going crazy, because it redirects me to A&E UK version of the site :grimacing:

No they listened to my petition :grinning:.

I cannot get the new channels to show on android or android tv under my favorites.
Channels show up on IOS and in the online guide under favorites as expected.

1 Like

Favs are not currently sync'd. Try going to Settings > Tuners and click Scan Network, then find the channels under the TVE source and favoriting them.

Tried that as well. Toggled fav off and on and nothing.

Tried restarting DVR and app and shield.