Provider - Philo

Fortunately, a large number of the Philo channels that I care about "are" covered with TVE. But not all of them. Below is the list of Philo channels that are "not" covered with TVE:

A&E
Aspiretv
Axis TV
BBC World News
BET Her
Cleo TV
Discovery Family
DIY
FYI
Hallmark Drama
History
Law & Crime
Lifetime
LMN
MTV Classic
MTV Live
MTV2
Nickelodeon
Nicktoons
People TV
Revolt
Tastemade
Teennick
UPTV
VICE

So out of the above channels that are "not" covered with TVE, I would be particularly interested to see A&E, History, Nickelodeon, and BBC World News (to name a few) covered by TVE. I don't know how the contracts are made or how subscribers could even go about asking for such TVE service for the ones not currently offered?

Did u not see the list of TVE channels that are there in the OP of this thread.
A few of the ones u list that ARE on TVE with Philo.
DIY stands out to me. I certainly get that via TVE.

There are 83 total TVE channels u can get form Philo, according to my Source list on the sever.

1 Like

Philo HAS TVE access to those channels, but the Networks DON'T have live streams. That's the reason they don't work with Channels DVR. I don't know what calling Philo would do.

1 Like

I have problem with Discovery channels and Animal and Science. Get "no refresh token" info.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Issue with Chrome for TVE on FreeBSD

A&E - 6043
History Channel - 6044
FYI - 6045
Lifetime - 6046

Now supported via TVE starting with Server version: 2020.04.19.0128

Thanks to the finds of:

1 Like

When we speaking about Philo, maybe you could add BBC World News stream I am sure there was official stream on YT

Does anyone get game show network TV through the channels app with their Philo subscription?. I saw mention of it earlier in this thread but I don’t see it when I run a scan.

GSN does not have internet live streaming.

It does now through its iOS, Roku and Android apps. Does it have to have the live stream directly from its web site for channels to pull it into TVE?

Edit: sorry, you said it had to have Internet streaming so I take that mean directly from the Internet rather than an app.

Yes. The channel must provide a live stream on their web site and they must support TVE for login.

Is there a way to change the Timezone on the ChannelsDVR app? I’d like to be able to grab the East Coast Philo feeds for TVE without changing the time on my WD PR2100 NAS. If it’s only set at the OS level, I’ll change it there.

Just thought I would ask first...

I don't think it is necessary to change the timezone of the server. I have East and West coast feeds for several channels and it just works. For example, I have TBS(E) and TBS(W) both enabled and the guide is correct without changing the timezone.

I believe the feeds you receive are based on your geographic location, not the time zone of the DVR server.

I thought so too since my Philo payment zip is California, but if I change the timezone on my Firestick 4K to EST, I get EST feeds (shows will play 3 hours earlier for me) but the ChannelsDVR just says PST from the settings page and the streams say something like “unavailable for current Location”..

Not a deal breaker, I can stream from Philo live and then the DVR will pick up the stream 3 hours later in case I missed it...

Any chance of adding AE and Lifetime?

Both channels were added a few months ago. Upgrade to the latest version of Channels DVR.

1 Like

Still no word on Discovery Family streaming despite the image i posted some time ago that states the channel is TVE offered. I have contacted them and they claim they do support TVE same as all their other networks, just install the mobile app for that channel. They did not comment on when i asked for website, not mobile app stream though.

The phone app has live tv stream, that has to come from somewhere....cant one packet capture or log the connections from the app to see what url the live tv sream uses in the app, and tie Channels in to that, as it used the same TVE credentials login info in the app front end.

A&E and Liftetime networks still do not have a website stream page to use, instead, some one had discovered the urls that were go.AE or whatever.

There is a link on aetv.com labeled "Watch Live TV" which goes to https://play.aetv.com/live

Re searched for the post when AE networks was discovered. i gues i forgot or got mixed up with something else. i see they said the watch live is how the found it. could have sworn it was go. something
however, for long tome before that, u all said, there was no such link....there is no indication as to when they added that to their sites i guess and yall just hadn't checked until someone posted the raw links.