Provider - Xfinity

Not the answer I was hoping for, but thanks for clarifying!

I realize you're new here and trying to help out. Kudo's.
Thanks for the education.
Perhaps before replying to posters, you should lookup their legacy https://community.getchannels.com/u/speedingcheetah to understand where they came from.

@chDVRuser Irrelevant. As this user did not know how tve worked. and just explained it to them and they got what they needed to know so i helped, u didnt. now don't be a bad sport.
so age of user account or time here is not relevant.
u can have been here for several years but never post..

I think Xfinity offers the "Flex" device, their streaming box thing, i don't think that would count towards internet usage data. not sure if that is a portable device or has to be used on home network. maybe worth looking at perhaps? dont think it can be made to use Channls dvr though.

Thanks Son,
Was just saying you should check a User's Profile before responding to them, so you know a bit more about them before you reply to their question.

A&E - 6043
History Channel - 6044
FYI - 6045
Lifetime - 6046

Now supported via TVE starting with Server version: 2020.04.19.0128

Thanks to the finds of:

1 Like

ive been trying all say to get this setup...when I attempt to add xfinity via TVE all I get is "not in subscription". I originally thought it was cause I already have Verizon Fios set up with TVE and I also have Locale but I would think I would get a different error. I dont have separate accounts so there is no auto authenticator to turn off.

Go into your Xfinity account portal and create a separate user just for TVE use. "Unrestricted" level. and try credentials that for TVE source.

You might need to call xfinity. I had the same problem and the only solution was to call them and explain the issue. To confirm that it is indeed xfinity, try watching something on the xfinity stream app and see what it says. Mine would tell me it’s not in my subscription. They had to “reset” something on their end and it worked within seconds.

I’m sure they won’t understand if you try to explain the Channels app to them, I’d try explaining the issue with the stream app first and go from there.

I just checked and this worked with WOW as well.

WOW??

Is that a channel?.

WOW to me means world of Warcraft.

lol no its a cable tv provider, Wide open west but its a service in Columbus OH. :slight_smile:

thanks i will try this now...

Pardon the likely dumb question, but is TVE included with internet only service, or do you have to also get TV service?

You need to have a subscription to some form of TV service, whether it be cable TV, or a streaming TV service.

1 Like

Xfinity has a streaming TV service? I didn't realize that. Is it cheaper than their cable TV service?

You could try going here and click on the "Start Streaming" button to see what options they have:

Genuinely confused here. I searched that site and others, and I see that Internet only customers get something called Flex? Does that mean Internet only customers get TVE via Flex? I could not find a streaming only TV service on Xfinity's site. Can you point me to what you were referring to? Thanks!

Flex is their streaming Service (Netflix , Prime Video HULU .. On Demand etc...). if you have Internet only then you will not Get the XFINITY Stream Service. In order to get TVE you need to subscribe to Cable Channels.

XFINITY Stream Service is different than Flex .. Stream Service allows you to watch subscribed channels on tablets ,phones on the go etc...

1 Like

I have one hidden channel in my Xfinitry TVE...see below...how do I find out what it is and re-add it? Also, I cannot get MLB, NBA or NFL channels to work...I also have another channel that is not showing in the list at all...that is Discovery Family...all of these channels work on the Xfinity stream app. Can someone assist?

145 channels (67 favs, 145 HD, 1 hidden)