A few uses for Advanced Passes

Wow thanks a lot.

Here's another one I used.
Wanted to get all of the Survivorman episodes except for 'Survivorman: Bigfoot'.
Survivorman
Survivorman & Son
Survivorman Ten Days
Survivorman's Survival Secrets
Survivorman: Director's Notes
Survivorman: Lost Pilots

Since not all of these were in the guide (and that's 6 different Series ID's), I created an advanced pass that uses both Title CONTAINS and Title NOTEQUAL and it worked.

Capture

Has multiple of the same condition always been available? For some reason I thought only one per condition type was possible.

A regular favorite of mine is to use the condition of time CONTAINS AM, to record certain shows that play all day long but that I don’t want Channels to be recording all day long.

1 Like

I’m curious, does anyone else wish the Web UI would indicate which passes contain advanced conditions?

Like this?
Capture
You have to click the 3 dots to the right of the pass title to display that on each pass

Yeah. I’m obviously mistaken, but curious if it was ever the case?

I think they mean this. It does not work.

Genre !=Horror
Genre !=News

This works ...

Genre==Horror
Genre !=News

Ah interesting. Perhaps that is what I hit up against, and then figured I couldn’t stack them. This is great!

48 posts were split to a new topic: Pass recording same "Special" multiple times

Feel free to open new threads for each different type of advanced pass.

FEATURE REQUEST:

Would be great if when looking over the results for the entered criteria it would contain all the criteria in the, I guess metadata for each listing.

1 Like

I'm trying to setup an Advanced Pass for music specials and when I use Tag = New and Genre = Music special it doesn't record the CMA Fest on ABC this Sunday. Is there a way to see all of the tags for a show so I can setup correct Advanced Passes?

That's because it has two genres listed for it.
1 Music
2 Special

Also two categories
1 Show
2 Special

Thank you so much for helping identify this for me. Could you share how you got this info so I can hopefully do this in the future?

Went to the DVR web UI and did a search for CMA Fest
Clicked it and chose to record it.
Looked at the schedule json data, searched for CMA Fest and saw the genres and categories and tags.

schedule json data is available from http://x.x.x.x:8089/dvr/jobs where x.x.x.x is the IP address of your ChannelsDVR machine.

"Name": "CMA Fest",
"Time": 1564974000,
"Duration": 10800,
"Airing": {
  "Title": "CMA Fest",
  "Summary": "Performances by some of country music's hottest artists during the music festival in Nashville.",
  "Categories": [
    "Show",
    "Special"
  ],
  "Genres": [
    "Music",
    "Special"
  ],
  "Tags": [
    "CC",
    "DD 5.1",
    "HD 720p",
    "HDTV",
    "New",
    "Stereo"
  ],

Perfect, thanks! Last question, is there a way to add multiple Genre conditions to an Advanced Pass? i.e. Can I add both Music and Special as a Genre?

Didn't work for me, but you can do this
Capture3

What's missing besides the artwork, and where would that fit?
Capture

Here's the rest of the (possibly interesting) metadata I could find that ChannelsDVR gets

Categories: Episode,Series
EpisodeNumber: 1
EpisodeTitle: The Grid Car
Genres: Adventure,Fantasy,Science fiction,Animated,Children
longDescription: Tulip, a headstrong 13-year-old girl, finds a mysterious train where every car contains its own universe.
origAirDate: 2019-08-05
ProgramID: EP032730670001
ratings: USA Parental Rating,TVPG
releaseDate: 2019-08-05
releaseYear: 2019
SeasonNumber: 1
SeriesID: 17156671
shortDescription: Headstrong 13-year-old Tulip finds a mysterious train where every car contains its own universe.
Summary: Headstrong 13-year-old Tulip finds a mysterious train where every car contains its own universe.
Tags: CC,HD 1080i,HDTV,New,Series Premiere,Stereo
Title: Infinity Train
titleLang: en
tmsId: EP032730670001
topCast: Ashley Johnson,Ernie Hudson,Jeremy Crutchley

Note that not all of this is searchable or displayed.

I believe, as we see with DisneyFanatic4's question, it would make it much easier to see the 'trigger' data to understand how to better refine the our pass criteria.

As “ALL” of the different possible elements for each condition is a very long list and/or
Development time may be substantial:

Possibly the devs (@tmm1, @maddox) could at least post same in this thread to utilize as a reference.