All AMC Network channels not working with error Stream Not Available

Streams on their live website Watch Live TV Stream | SundanceTV, but Channels DVR gives this error
[ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6085: TVE: Stream Not Available

Running latest v2022.09.06.1826

1 Like

I'm seeing the same error Sundance, but also on BBC America, IFC, WE & AMC. I have Philo, and those channels are not working in the Philo app either. Guessing it's a TV Everywhere issue

1 Like

All AMC Networks down?

1 Like

Guess so, even though I can auth and stream from those websites.
Channels DVR must use a different auth flow than we do when we auth at their websites from our browsers.

1 Like

Seems like some issue with their stream.

Works in the Apple TV app sometimes, and on Android TV app I see:

Their streams were having issues last week, too. (BBCA was down for much of Tues and Wed; AMC also had issues.)

Until AMC gets their act together, there really isn't anything anyone can do.

(Not to be a doomsayer, but this could the initial move of AMC putting everything into their AMC+ service.)

2 Likes

All feeds work on the homesite with XFINITY signin

1 Like

Probably due to the large google Widevine drm outage.

I don't record much from the AMC channels. The only thing recording for me lately is "Kevin Can F... Himself" that started season 2 three weeks ago. Episode S02E01 was fine but the past two episodes (S02E02 and S02E03) had severe issues with audio out of sync. Luckily, I was able to fix it in VideReDo but that's a pain.

I was starting to wonder whether there was a problem on my side but now I know why. Thank you for reporting this.

I'm with you on this one. That would not surprise me a bit.

1 Like

Livetv playing ok on the WeTV Site with XFINITY credentials compared with my Prime channel it is the same.

Huh, I've been building up the episodes to watch later, so hadn't checked. Just pulled a few scenes to check and on mine everything seems basically okay. I did have something similar in the past with the local CBS TVE and I had to completely remove and add back for it to fix.

But anyway, AMC and friends are also down for me now, too.

1 Like

AMC channels are now working for me in the Philo app as well as live streamed from website, however, I am still seeing Playback Failed in Channels.

2 Likes

Just giving an info report in case it is of interest: My AMC channels are down on Channels too with Spectrum credentials. But I can now view the live feeds on their respective websites, which is different then last night when I could not get them to play at all on those websites. So I guess I am going to call that progress.

2 Likes

I had to exclude them from passes this morning. Had one pass that tried to record on AMC TVE East feed Instead of my Prime, but channels DVR was smart enough to record on channel 771 later. The Pass was "Dark Winds".

1 Like

While I am just a YouTubeTV subscriber, the feeds work in the YouTubeTV app (AppleTV) but still do not work on Channels. Not the end of the world for me, but it would be nice to see those working again

1 Like

wetve.com/live, Watch Live TV Stream | SundanceTV etc are still acting wonky for me. Works sometimes and not others.

Anyway, I was able to make it work reliably in the next prerelease.

5 Likes

SundanceTV and AMC working here. Spectrum SoClall.
Thank you.

1 Like

It looks like most of the AMC networks are back, except for BBCA. Of course, this is probably an error on their end.

(For now the stream is working on the website, but I know from my experiences last week that its reliability is hit or miss.)

Yeah, got them all back except BBC America.

UPDATE: All working after v2022.09.07.2124