ALPHA: Import TV local content into DVR

Is it volume 1 (with a space) or volume1 ?

I've removed the import sources for now. That error was showing up in the logs every five minutes.

No space, sorry, I may have typed it that way here, but the actual names have no space and that's what Channels sees. And again, when the movies import feature was first released, all those files were imported.

Strange.
Works on my Synology.
DVR at /volume1/arkives/ChannelsDVR
Movie Imports at /volume1/arkives/testMovies
TV Imports at /volume1/arkives/testTV Shows

/volume1/arkives is a shared folder

Only difference here is that DVR and DVRimport are one level up, created and shared separately.

Oh, and also that my files do not match to anything in the database.

I have a way of discovering new bugs without trying very hard, lol. Also, I'm good at user error.

This doesn't seem to work for matching TV Shows.
Screenshot_2020-09-19 Channels DVR
Screenshot_2020-09-19 Channels DVR(1)
Any way to search by tms Series ID ?

1 Like

Fixed.

Added.

2 Likes

:smile: Works great, Thank You.
Screenshot_2020-09-20 Channels DVR

Back in action, thank you!

Latest Alpha 2020.09.20.1902
is still not sorting imported episodes correctly by air date when asked. And therefore not mixing correctly when combined with recorded episodes in same season.

Sort by date recorded does not work with imported episodes at all as they are not imported in order of episode number when imported in large groups.

Would it not be easier just to have a sort by episode number within a season?

When an imported show (multiple seasons) is included in UpNext and set up to show the oldest recording, its not working and choosing a season and episode out of order. The older season and episodes are not marked watched. In my case its the show 'The Ranch' which I had to manually match every episode as the season and episode numbers from zap2it are bonkers compared to other sources of meta data. I matched every episode to its title, one by one and the end result has the show in the correct play order in the list but upnext is not choosing the correct one to play next.

Please submit diagnostics

Diagnostics submitted. Sorry, should have done that to begin with.

Wasn't The Ranch 8 Seasons with 10 Episodes each?
Maybe the Original Air Dates plus gracenote mixup of Season and Episode is causing the issue.
I think Wikipedia matches up with Netflix on the OAD.

Of course for 'Official' Season(Part)#, Episode# and EpisodeTitle, nothing beats the 'Official' source

IMDB and theTVDB both show 4 seasons of 20 episodes each. zap2it shows 7 seasons of 10 each with season 8 not detailed. Its a mess

I manually matched all 80 episodes using title in Channels since channels could not match them up even though my files contain the episode title. Even once done, it seems to be sorting on something pulled in with the meta data (air date?) that has bad data since it wants to play season 5 before season 4. Channels is not sorting on episode number nor the episodic order zap2it provides so not exactly sure what is going on. Diagnostics sent so hopefully tmm1 will figure out what's up.

Question... When you import something, does it copy the file into the ChannelsDVR folder? Or does it just point to the original location of the recording? (I can imagine use-cases for either behavior, so wondering what you chose)

Files are never copied or moved by the DVR

Something weird seems to be happening when episodes are individually matched. I have a show called Bugs with 40 episodes across 4 seasons which all matched correctly though I had to match them one by one. They are correctly stored and named in season folders etc. But in the app they just appear as a bag of 40 episodes with no seasons listed.

Can you provide an example? When you match manually, does the result you're selecting have a season and episode number shown?

Ah ok I see now. The metadata for the matching episodes contains the correct title and description but no episode or season number. I guess that’s a gap in the metadata service provider’s data?

For example season 1 episode 10 is called Pulse and the matching episode is just listed as Pulse with no season or episode number.