ALPHA: Import TV local content into DVR

Imported content is not deleted. It may disappear from the database if you select Delete or Trash, but the files themselves are not removed. In fact, the next time the import scanner runs, it will find the "Deleted" files and re-add them back into the database.

Thanks for the clarification

Another Special I cannot match.
filespec ./Specials/Tommy Emmanuel Across the US With PBS (2015-08-06).mpg

metadata
title : Tommy Emmanuel: Across the US With PBS
seriesTitle : Tommy Emmanuel: Across the US With PBS
description : A compilation of performances by acclaimed acoustic guitarist Tommy Emmanuel.
time : 2015-11-30T00:00:00Z
isEpisode : false
iso_duration : PT1H29M58S
originalAirDate : 2015-08-06T00:00:00Z
isEpisodic : false
seriesId : SH02222612
programId : SH022226120000

zap2it listing

I am impressed. :+1:
Found that 6 of my "Specials" were actually an episode of a series.
Found matches for 137 of my 139 Specials.

1 Like

Great Job! Solved my specials and odd episode matches. Thank!

One thing that would have helped me matching unmatched imports is sorting the view alphabetically.
Not sure how it's currently sorted, but if I know the Title already it would speed up the matching.

Imported 748 series with over 25K episodes. It took the better part of a day to scan it all, but had a very high rate of matches. I have one series that did not match and I cannot find the match when I try to fix it. The series is named Los Espookys, https://thetvdb.com/series/los-espookys that is spanish with english subtitles.

1 Like

It should show up. Gracenote has it on Zap2It with a tmsid of SH032128650000.

I thought my series library was large @ 5000+ episodes...You, sir, are an absolute legend!

It would be nice if it would jump to first unwatched episode instead of the very beginning when you jump into a show.

Also the experimental player was pretty “jumpy” watching TV shows that I imported.

The experimantal Player?
Where did you find that?

Huh. Why am I seeing this in my log, hundreds of times each day? Maybe thousands, actually. Seems like something isn't happy.

2020/09/19 11:46:02.137242 [WRN] Scanner ignoring movies path inside DVR folder: /volume1/DVR-import

I'm on 2020.09.14.2100 and not trying to experiment with this. Right now I have just one flat folder containing just a few obscure films and a few edited TV recordings. None are recognized but they import fine. No /movies path or any other subfolder. Maybe I should make some to keep the code happy.

The parent directory for your imported files must be outside of the directory structure for your DVR files. If your DVR is set to use /path/to/dvr, your imports can be /path/to/imports, but cannot be /path/to/dvr/imports. Or, if your imports are in /path/to/recordings, your DVR cannot have its parent directory as /path/to/recordings/dvr.

If your directory structure resembles either of the nested situations, you need to change it. You can use multiple imports if your directories are all children of the same parent directory. (And if you are using additional storage locations, I believe the need to separate imports from your DVR directory applies to those additional locations, too.)

1 Like

Thanks but that's what I have set up:
Everything else is in /volume1/dvr
My imports are in /volume1/dvr-import

I've selected /dvr-import only as a "Movie source", and have never set up "TV source". Maybe the problem is I need to set up a TV directory?

That message probably began appearing in my logs after release of the TV import feature.

Well, that just made it worse. I set up new subdirectories and moved the files in as appropriate. Now they're both being ignored, and all my imports have disappeared from the apps.

2020/09/19 13:15:19.938456 [WRN] Scanner ignoring movies path inside DVR folder: /volume1/DVR-import/movies

2020/09/19 13:15:19.938558 [WRN] Scanner ignoring TV path inside DVR folder: /volume1/DVR-import/tv-shows

Again, these are outside the Channels /volume1/DVR directory structure, and I was previously able to import those files as movies when that feature was new, but now they're gone.

Sounds like a bug where it gets confused by the hyphen. Try renaming the directory to DVRimport or DVR_import.

Thanks but no dice. Now it's unhappy with those:

2020/09/19 13:33:57.498251 [WRN] Scanner ignoring movies path inside DVR folder: /volume1/DVRimport/movies

2020/09/19 13:33:57.498390 [WRN] Scanner ignoring TV path inside DVR folder: /volume1/DVRimport/tv

Nothing has been imported.

Is it volume 1 (with a space) or volume1 ?

I've removed the import sources for now. That error was showing up in the logs every five minutes.

No space, sorry, I may have typed it that way here, but the actual names have no space and that's what Channels sees. And again, when the movies import feature was first released, all those files were imported.