ALPHA: Import TV local content into DVR

That worked.. Be nice to schedule that - or if it is, schedule it more regularly!

Cheers!

Agree. Would be nice if we could get that to run right after the scan for new imports that happens every 5 minutes.

As long as that doesn't physically delete the files on disk and only removes it from Channels database.

Only issue I can forsee is if an imported path becomes disconnected/unreachable and the pruning removes your carefully matched and curated collection. :scream:

This is likely exactly why they don’t do this on a schedule. You could potentially work around that possibility but it won’t be easy and there probably aren’t any perfect solutions.

1 Like

A simple way to do this ... if you do not see the home path of imported folder you do not run the scheduled prune. If you remove the entire path then you can run it manually to prune the imports.

That is how I had mine Scheduled before they allowed deletion of all content.

Just wondering if making TMDB matching is still on the cards? Looks like this would be really good if you can get it working as TMDB is turning up a bunch of matches for me that are missing from Gracenote, but it still spins forever when I select the match

Please open the JavaScript console in your browser and check for any errors shown there.

TMDB matching is working for me here.

When was TMDB matching enabled for TV Shows?
I can only select TMDB for movies.

It doesn’t match for shows. Only movies.

Thanks. I was getting confused because Movie imports are being discussed in this TV Show imports thread and I always looked at the following thread for Movies.

OK there are some errors in the JavaScript console that appear just after I click on the match from TMDB:

[Log] jsonpipe connecting (bundle.js, line 417)
[Log] jsonpipe connected (bundle.js, line 417)
[Log] event – {Type: "hello", Version: "2021.03.12.0421"} (bundle.js, line 417)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable) (34171, line 0)
[Log] PUT – "/dvr/files/3743/matches/tmdb/34171" – "Service Unavailable" (bundle.js, line 417)
[Error] Unhandled Promise Rejection: SyntaxError: The string did not match the expected pattern.
dispatchException (bundle.js:379:418206)
(anonymous function) (bundle.js:379:414418)
p (bundle.js:417:214904)
s (bundle.js:417:216421)
promiseReactionJob

Thanks. Please update to prerelease, try again then submit diagnostics.

Updated to latest pre-release just now, tried again. Submitted diagnostics and Java console this time shows:

[Log] jsonpipe connecting (bundle.js, line 417)
[Log] jsonpipe connected (bundle.js, line 417)
[Log] event – {Type: "hello", Version: "2021.03.12.1554"} (bundle.js, line 417)
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable) (34171, line 0)
[Log] PUT – "/dvr/files/3743/matches/tmdb/34171" – "Service Unavailable" (bundle.js, line 417)

2021/03/12 16:20:10.217039 [ERR] Failed to set TMDB match: not a movie

What exactly are you trying to match?

It's a DVD of a stand-up comedy show called "Marcus Brigstocke - Planet Corduroy". It brings up the right match (correct name and artwork) from the TMDB search

Thanks. Fixed in next prerelease

Great stuff - thanks

Updated to the pre-release and confirm it's fixed

3 Likes

I'm having issues with playing imported content. I frequently get lip sync issues, but it is not consistent. If I force quit the app and play again, the lip sync issues will be gone.

No idea how to troubleshoot that.. Had to switch back to Plex for now because family were grumbling.

Providing details about the container, codecs, bitrates, and things like that would help. Or even better, submit diagnostics from the app and email [email protected].

I have submitted diagnostics for the one that I've noticed it on.

Cheers!