App Store Issue: Unable to download/update Channels tvOS (v2.1.23)

I also deleted first in the effort to make things work.
I will try the beta as well.
Keep up the good work on a great product.

Deleted as wellā€¦ Please send invite and instructions. Thank You.

Got it, thank you!

shit storm in a tea cup or something thatā€™s going to drag through the whole kitchen, screaming, kicking and admiring its stench as it goes?

Btw, I can open Channels after hitting done. Not sure if that helps anyone else but give it a go

Beta link please. I deleted it before I read this thread.

I just went ahead and removed the Channels app from the US, UK and Australia App Store. These types of changes usually take a while to propagate, but it might help stop the automatic update loop thatā€™s happening. If you have the old app installed and are still seeing the constant Retry/Done popup, let me know if it goes away soon.

If you need just a barebones experience while this gets sorted, you can download VLC on tvOS for free. It can access your HDHomerun as well. (Itā€™s no substitute for Channels in the long run but it gets the job done.)

Would love the beta build. I just bought the app today and canā€™t download it.

The upgrade error seems to have stopped on my ATV!

I, sorry but i need to stay on 10.1, i wont update to 10.2 beta. Can you send me the beta version of the app that works on 10.1 please? Please send a beta invite when itā€™s convenient for you. Thanks.

Many thanks!

The DVR Beta is sweeeet!!! Much faster than Plex.

Thanks much.

I deleted the app before reading this. Please send me the beta.

Please send the beta thanks

Please send me the Beta

Please send me beta as well. I knew I shouldnā€™t have deleted the app. Thanks.

Can you send me le just for beta app? Deleted app and I found this post after. Thank you

Please send beta version. I wish I would have seen this post first. On my other ATV I just hit ā€œdoneā€ and everything is fine there. Not so much for my other one. I deleted it.

I will be needing the test flight code please

Same here - deleted Channels now cannot re-install. Thanks in advance!

I deleted the app to try to fresh reinstall, before seeing this forum. Contacted Apple Support. The person I spoke with had no knowledge of the issue, and said itā€™s a app developer issueā€¦not an app store issue.

1 Like