Audio crackling/popping on Fire TV Cube

Well, I still have some stuttering. Not nearly as bad as it was before, but I do still see it. More of an issue is the audio quality. I get a fair amount of crackling & popping.
A couple other issues Im experiencing with 2.04… when watching live TV, I can only rewind about one minute. I have also had a couple of crashes. One when watching live TV, screen went black and wouldn’t respond to any button presses on the remote (even the home button). I verbally told the Cube to go Home and it did. Went right back to the Channels app, and it worked normally. Also had a crash when scrolling down in the channels menu. I was on the On Now menu item, pressed and held the Down directional button to quickly move down, it scrolled down quickly then locked up. Again, it wouldn’t respond to any remote button press, had to tell the Cube to go Home to out of the app.

1 Like

I would like to send you a beta to try. Please go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/cpc/homepage?ref=gss_to_cpc, click on Promotional Emails and make sure “Amazon Appstore” is checked.

Sounds good… ready for the beta. Thanks.

Follow these steps: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/app-testing/live-app-testing-getting-started.html#steps-for-app-testers

It might say “Buy” on the Amazon page but the live app test does not cost anything.

OK, got the beta, and it did show it costs $, but as you noted it didn’t actually charge anything.
I will give it a go later tonight, and let you know how it went.

1 Like

I uploaded another new build v122 which has a new audio driver which should be much better. If you test, please check the version on the About tab and report it with your results. If possible try v121 first and then upgrade to v122 and try that.

I also having been getting this issue since the beginning. I find i have to restart the cube ti fix the problem. Did this work?

Turn off Surround Sound on the Player setting tab.

Hi, I have a Fire stick (probably Gen 1) going into an HDMI input into a TCL Roku TV. For the past month or so, Channels DVR app on Fire displays channels and dvr recordings normally, but when playing either live TV or a recorded show, the video appears normally, but the audio is just a loud rapid pulsing static... about 5 pulses per second. All channels are like this. I removed and reinstalled the app today with the same result.

I also have a xaomi mi box installed on another hdmi input on the tv and channels DVR works normally, so we’ve been using that mostly.

Just trying to figure out what’s going on with the Fire stick.

Thanks
David S.

Go to the Player settings tab in the app and set Surround Sound to Off.