Best Provider with most channels?

I've just signed up for a 7 day trial.

I'm testing it out with Channels DVR now.

** Well that was dumb on my part. I cancelled thinking I would still have my remaining trial, and it cancelled my trial. ***

How are you planning to handle Local Channels? I.E. Are you planning to install a HDHomerun Quatro with an OTA Antenna? Or are you planning to use the PS Vue App for those channels not in the Channels App.

What is important is that Channels TVE support will only pull in channels that PS Vue offers via TVE which is NOT all of the channels PS Vue offers within their native app.

But you should be getting more channels the 113 for the core. I would EDIT and see if you are missing channels. Also, make sure you are running the current Channels DVR Version. Should be dated today since they pretty much update every day.

I just checked mine and it says it's up to date. Is this the current version?

Up to date!

Click and hold on the update button to get today’s build.

Thanks, looks like that worked.

You are not running the pre-release.

You have to hold the SHIFT KEY and click on "Check for Updates" to install the pre-release if you want that version.

I think it is call pre-release but not positive. I have been running for a very long time and it is solid for me.

I currently have 2 HDHR Primes and 2 HDHR3s. The Primes will be removed, but I will retain the HDHR3s for OTA.

I'll check things over later tonight.

Just re set up my dvr. Can confirm only getting 113 channels. NBA tv get authorization error. Lost regional sports. Science channel and Destination America are on Elite package now. I was able to get Halmark MM back

Is there a list somewhere that lists the shows available to stream TVE per provider? Getting ready to cut off a little more of the cord, but there a certain channels the wife/family need in order to do this. And I would rather use Channels because everyone in the household is used to it and we love it. I would hate to use a cloud DVR or multiple apps to get what we want/need. Specifically Food Network, Animal Planet, TLC, and HGTV. I looked at thestreamable.com and saw what apps we would have access to. Does that also mean it will stream to Channels?

I think I have very one of those channels working in channels dvr.

I’m using a combination of philo and directv now. But I think philo on its own may get it for you.

Also try demoing fubotv or psvue. I’m told above that psvue has the most channel tve support.

I switched from YTTV to PS Vue to. YTTV access to Warner networks not available. But if CNN and TNT not important, then YTTV would be ok. Philo subscription needed for the MTVs and other Viacom Networks. To watch A&E network though you will need to use the Philo App. Thats the only draw back with A&E not streaming. Also the same for the Game Show Network if you like that one too.

1 Like

I use this link from that site. This is the best source that I have found for TVE.

This seems to be missing a lot. Psvue core counts up to around 45 when clearly people above are pulling in 80+ channels when subscribed to psvue core.

Not really. Every TVE account will include 40+ channels that are universal (channels are numbered 6700 and above). These include some random adult swim channels, several QVC and HSN channels, network news channels, Bloomberg, Cheddar, Weather Nation, NASA and others. Definitely not part of your subscription.

Yes but people are showing 123 channels with psvue core. See above...

The link is for apps. There are obvious networks missing (ESPN) that are multiple channels. Similarly the apps themselves (Fox Sports for example) contain multiple channels as well.

So I guess the true test is to sign up and try them out.

Yes. Seems like something is wrong. Remember you can get a free trial.
Channels DVR: 2019.09.20.1731
I have 135 Channels running PS Vue Core
55 Channels starting at 6030 - 6127 <- main Core Channels
36 Channels starting at 6140 (ESPN1) - 6302 <- lots of sports
44 Channels starting at 6700 <- free channels

So I’m trying Hulu and Philo right now and they both have A&E, but I scanned a couple times to make sure it wasn’t missed but nothing. Does anyone hav A&E added to Channels TVE and who are you using?

A@E doesn’t offer a live stream