BETA: Channels 3.0 for Android and Android TV

Wikipedia tells me that Fire OS 5 is based on Android 5.

Current Fire TV Stick 4K has 6.2.7.1 available. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201497590)

Sorry I meant the Fire TV stick was 5.2. My new 4K still in the box. I'll set that up tonight and trash the old one. I notice theres a Channel DVR Server available on amazon. Whats this for. Not the Fiire TV Cube is it.

Channels app is for viewing only

Channels DVR is for interfacing with the DVR (and viewing)

Does the BETA have a clock on the guide?

No, still no clock. Also missing is any current time/progress indicator in the guide. (The tvOS client has this, but I don't believe any other client does. Why?, no clue.)

Has autodiscovery worked for you in the past? Is Bonjour enabled in the DVR settings on your server?

Yes, it worked with the non-beta on same firestick 4k, and on all my ios devices.

Can you please post a screenshot of the parse error

Here's what I see on one of my non-4k firesticks:

1 Like

Oh, and I did submit to support "other" from the firestick immediately after receiving the parse error.

The Recording tab page still has some bugs.
When i delete the last Recording, the program details remains on the right side, while the program entry bar on the left is removed. Have to go to another page, the come back for it to clear.

When there is no Recordings, there remains some small green mark, and a thin black line on the right side, the section where you would see the Program info.

I noticed a visual discrepancy on the Recordings page. In the tvOS/iPadOS clients, the green circle beside a listing is indicative of the progress of a recording's viewing; if an episode has only been half-watched the circle is half-filled, unwatched programs have an empty circle, and watched programs have fully solid circles. In the Android TV client, the green circle is an all–or–nothing: unwatched programs are the same as partially watched programs with an empty circle, and only programs marked Watched have a solid circle.

If the view is to be Watched v. Unwatched, then I would suggest nothing for the unwatched programs, and a checkmark (:heavy_check_mark:) or similar for watched programs. If the view is to mimic the Apple clients, then this feature is missing.

(Also, I'm not certain if in-progress recordings are provided with a red circle that is filled according to the progress of a recording as I don't have any going right now, but I feel recordings–in–progress should mirror the partially viewed recordings in display: either reflect the current progress, or present an either/or.)

This has been fixed.

This has been fixed.

Awesome.

Did you folks ever have a chance to see what the Parse error was all about when trying to install the Beta? Not a huge deal as we can continue to use the latest stable release, but thought I'd ask.

Frozen screen on broadcast channel again. Same thing as before "It looks like you're behind the timeline" but it was not until the screen froze.

Exited and submitted diagnostics.

On Android TV on the latest beta, going into the recordings tab (list of recent shows), choosing a show watch. After it completes, I deleted the show and return to the list of recordings. Choosing another recording the "watch", "more" and "trash" options do not show up. If I go to another tab and return to recordings, it works (the options show up).

1 Like

Can confirm this.
Don't think this issue was present until last update says beta 8.28.2100

Same here

I can confirm this is a new bug. My tivo stream 4K, i have not updated the app in a few days.
On version 8.23.2012, when i delete a show on the Recordings page, It displays the "Trash" dialog popup u have to click ok to. The other shows there still show thier Watch, More, Trash buttons fine.

8.28.2100, not getting the "Trash" dialog pop up, and all the buttons for the other shows on the page are gone, after deleting a show.

Also, just noticed, when i restore multiple items in a row from the trash, via the app, the app just closes (crashes). i sent diags.

Fixed in 8.30.1659

2 Likes