BETA: Custom Channels via M3U Playlists

OK, thanks! Appreciate your help!

It seems as though any xml guide I throw at the m3u integration it doesn’t map. I’ve confirmed all of my mappings within the m3u and xml. Any suggestions?

make sure the tvg-id in the playlist matches the channel id in the xmltv.

I did verify that a few times. I’m using iptveditor to verify it all.

Thanks for this. Works like a charm.

Anyway something similar could be implemented for Stirr?

Someone could do it. It’s not hard.

Stirr seems to be the exact same same content as Pluto to me though ¯(°_o)/¯

i'm not sure then...that was the main thing that i was having issues with. i spent hours messing with it on saturday night and once i figured that part out, everything else just started working.

1 Like

Anyone experiencing lag in the guide. I’m finding it will start to lag for a while and the channels app will crash.

I’m using Apple TV 4k’s.

Approximately how many custom channels have you added?

I have Amcrest cameras but audio is working fine with them using the rtsp URL and MPEG. Maybe the Wyze has an unusual codec?

I found that port 8080 was already in use by something else on my NAS so I had to pick a different port. Of course I think the container refused to start when that was the case so if yours is running maybe it’s not that...

Thanks for the info.

Did you simply select "MPEG-TS" for the Stream Format and do "Text" for the source, with something like this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:0 channel-id="Name",Name
rtsp://username:password@CAMIPAddress/live

Am I missing something compared to what you did?

Thanks for the help.

The exact URL varies from cam to cam, so I’d recommend getting it working in VLC first to verify you have it right. Here’s my configuration:

Did you have to manually edit the line up and assign the guide entries for each channel? Or did it auto map for you?

once i made sure the IDs matched, it auto mapped.

500 plus philo channels, and OTA.

When I try to record a pluto show, it often won't play back. The playback will just spin or lock up if I try to forward. It does appear to have 59mins or whatever length but you cannot navigate. I'm not even sure the channel/show is the right one being recorded. I can watch live though it does lock up at times. I am using the techzyon link as source. All my other sources perform and record
fine. Anything I can try to resolve? Is this from not using the docker setup? Thanks.

1 Like

Can Channels read a EPG that is compressed in gzip? It seems as if it only can read plain .xml files?

I had read somewhere in the thread that the techzyon link is only good for one user at a time. Don't know if that's true, but I keep getting locked out as well. I have not worked with Docker and I am trying to learn that, but I can't get it to work on my system. I hear it is stable and works great... which is why I have a stress headache. I can install the Docker and see in the log that it is generating the EPG, but just cant get that file to show up.

1 Like

And as soon as I finish typing this, I got the Docker to work!