BETA: Custom Channels via M3U Playlists

can you also do that for local guide data xml files?

Seems to be an issue with keeping the guide data refreshed for PlutoTV. Using the docker container that @maddox posted yesterday (refreshed to latest this morning). Early today there was no guide data for Pluto and a Redownload was needed to get it back. Similarly, had to do the same again about 8-10 hours later.

Running latest server and client.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for the work on this feature. I love the channels that PlutoTV offers, but their app was too painfully slow to scroll through channels, now that's a thing of the past with this integration. I've been with you all from nearly the beginning, and you keep surprising me with great new features. Now to dig up my old IP cameras and get those added in too.
Thanks!

5 Likes

Just got this working... pretty cool. Are you considering doing something similar for Stirr as well? Forgive my ignorance if that isn't possible or necessary. This IPTv stuff is new to me.

I was trying to record a pluto channel on firestick app. I can watch live but when I try to watch recording, it just spins and doesn't start. Am I supposed to be able to record? Thanks.

A user above posted about setting up Stirr:

Chiefpoints

Yeah I have it added but it doesn’t have all the “fancy” stuff that Maddox’s docker for PlutoTV provides.

Not sure how the Devs would feel about it but maybe in the future they can integrate legitimate, free Iptv services like these into the DVR so that when you add a source they are just a click away. Or even default. Large value-add for the software for sure.

1 Like

Thanks, works great for Stirr

1 Like

OK, just updated the Pluto for Channels software.

Here's a changelog. Lots of great stuff in here for Channels now.

• Adds more items to the EPG, but still not quite 24 hours of data.
  • Adds airing show art
  • Sets if the airing is a movie or not
  • Uses posters for movies
  • Adds original air date
  • Adds categories to airings to make them work with Channels guide filters
2 Likes

Ok, another quick release because I forgot to add this before I released.

The channels are now sorted in the playlist by their original Pluto channel numbers. This makes sure they're consistently in the right order as well as groups them together better by categories as Pluto intended.

2 Likes

I cloned your PlutoIPTV repo....are you going to push your changes?

Do you mean open a pull to push it back upstream? No, I don't have any intention of doing that since this is all very specific to just Channels. The whole point of my changes on it is to add our extended tags to make things better in Channels.

Can someone please post a guide on how I can get the 'pluto for channels software' set up on my windows 10 server? I suppose I need the 'docker' software? Can someone post the steps for dummies please. Thanks.

To get basic Pluto working with basic guide info just follow this:

The docker stuff is for a more “enhanced” guide.

3 Likes

So I was able to add Pluto and it is in the guide but no listings. There was no way to add the .xml guide. I picked X-M3u. What have I done wrong? There is nowhere to add the .xml link.

I had installed the basic pluto but was asking for instructions to set up the docker version. Can someone post those? Thank you

After adding the source with the .m3u link, click the trash can next to it, click to add guide, select the drop down that says “USA”, then select “custom xml” and there will be a field for the .xml link.

Same issue as yesterday. No guide for PlutoTV.

updated to the latest channels pre-release server

I updated the docker container and made sure the pluto server was operating correctly.
clicked the TRASH icon and updated (refreshed) the epg location http://127.0.0.1:8080/epg.xml (this bit fixed yesterdays issue)

saw the guide download updating.

restarted the tvos beta app and one long bar for each of the pluto channel guides

what am i missing?

I had the same issue this morning as well. Reloaded the guide data and all is good again. There’s a refresh issue somewhere.

1 Like

i forced a re-load of ALL guide data. Still nothing

Just the Pretty logos and available channels.
no individual channel listings so i can record.

Yesterday I could record.