BETA: New Android HDHomeRun network tuning system to try out

A post was split to a new topic: Question about Channels without an HDHR

Ugh, making me work extra hard for this :confused::stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, it just didn't feel worth the effort to roll out a server setting for something that will just be around for a short period of time.

This really worries me....please keep a way to disable any client banners,,,

We’ll definitely be adding an option to disable the notification soon.

1 Like

Hopefully it'll stay around, it looks like a very useful feature for those that want it. (We know @john9527 doesn't, but I sure do)

To clarify, there are two things going on with what we're working on:

1. An entirely new backend for streaming over the network from the HDHomeRun that standardizes across our Android and Apple platforms and should fix some annoying bugs people have reported on Android
  2. A brand new signal notification that lets you know in realtime if glitches you are seeing are due to signal or network issues

The debug setting to enable or disable (1) will be going away as we progress in the testing. We have just released a new build that contains a setting to disable (2) which we may add as a client setting on the server (though we haven't done that yet).

1 Like

I am using Android TV, BETA version. I only see Legacy Streaming as option in debug. My signal market of Nashville, TN is always breaking up do to signal quality.

The new HDHR streamer is now the default and the option is now to revert back to the old behavior if needed.