Can't Add Hulu Live to sources

Getting the most out of channels is a challenge.
I truly appreciate any and all options that have been worked on by the community.
The docker containers and options for the ONN boxes have made it a solution with good custom options.
My browser on Google keeps getting blocked by Google.

1 Like

Is this in reference to my "wrong password" issue (screenshot above), or something else? Sure hope I'm not hearing that I have to switch streaming providers? :grimacing:

I just noticed many channels from HULU are no longer seen by Channels: Bravo, SyFy, etc. I tried re-scanning, but nothing updated. Any suggestions?

Hi Janie, I think that we lost about 64 Hulu Live TVE channels over the weekend. In rescanning, they are not able to be authenticated by the Channels DVR server software. I know that the developers are aware of the problem and have been working on a possible solution. I'm waiting and hoping. If Hulu/Disney has made the authentication process too complicated, we may have to try another streaming content provider. In the meantime, we can still access our preferred programming directly through the Hulu app. (ugh...)

Hey Richard, I'm on a Synology server too. Does the hardware we're using make a difference in how the software authenticates the channels through our streaming provider(s)?

I am pretty sure SyFy and Bravo are no longer TVE clear channels. Anything under the NBC/Universal Banner are not TVE Enabled now. So you can't get them via Channels you would need the App, a browser or An alternate way to get them like ADB Tuner For Channels

1 Like

Thank you. I've also noticed that some content can be recorded on PlayOn from Hulu. That is another way around it.

2 Likes

We're trying SlingTV also and the same channels are not available to Channels DVR.

That's interesting. I saw that @slampman has had some success in switching over to YouTube TV. I may try that at some point. Although, I suspect that we're eventually going to lose all TVE access, regardless of which provider we chose.

The hardware being used in our Synology won't change how it loggs in.
So far Fubo and Philo are my TVE sources.

@jsfullam I would say 100% success! TVE scanning worked perfect and when i use my ONN devices with a linkpi (mainly for networks that arent available via tve) the picture quality is amazing. The only downside has been no history channel. I solved that with Frndly TV and a docker container :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! I'm in an area with absolutely no OTA channels. So, I must rely on TVE for just about everything. In particular, I'm hoping to regain access to TCM East and West, TV Land, any of my local channels. If I'm not mistaken, YTTV offers a 7 day trial period. I may jump on that and give it a whirl.

Yeah ive got TCM and Tvland working fine. I have all of my locals except Fox and NBC of course so you may want to venture into the Linkpi setup for those.

I see that there's a new pre-release v2024.05.22.1908. I have downloaded and am scanning all channels. So far, I have mostly received duplicate emails with duplicate passcodes. Some channel authorizations have only sent a single email with a single code. However, I have had to enter each six digit code twice in succession.
The process is strange and tedious... I shall persevere and let you know how it turns out.

Unfortunately, after what was over an hour and a half channel scanning process, there were no additional channels authorized. Logs have been submitted: f3068fc6-0ced-499c-8c1b-86f005dc81f0 :cry:

I don't know if this will resolve the Hulu issues, but this will allow you to re-enter a 2fa code without deleting and re-adding a source:

Thanks, Eric. I have already removed my Hulu source. I'll attempt to add it back in while my subscription is still valid. If I'm able to get it going, I'll try to rescan some individual channels and let you know what happens...

That's a no-go. Unable to add the Hulu Live source.

Following up with resolution on my Hulu Live authentication issue...

I assumed I was on the latest version of things since I am running the official Channels DVR docker container, but turns out it is based on a very old version of ubuntu (16.04 I think it was) and won't update chromium past version 90.something :grimacing: Surprised this isn't a known issue by now? @eric

I ended up learning some Dockerfile stuff and building my own docker image based on current alpine linux and latest chromium, to at least get me going for now. Hopefully the devs will get the official images updated soon...

A post was split to a new topic: Should I use Docker?