Can't Add Hulu Live to sources

@jsfullam I would say 100% success! TVE scanning worked perfect and when i use my ONN devices with a linkpi (mainly for networks that arent available via tve) the picture quality is amazing. The only downside has been no history channel. I solved that with Frndly TV and a docker container :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! I'm in an area with absolutely no OTA channels. So, I must rely on TVE for just about everything. In particular, I'm hoping to regain access to TCM East and West, TV Land, any of my local channels. If I'm not mistaken, YTTV offers a 7 day trial period. I may jump on that and give it a whirl.

Yeah ive got TCM and Tvland working fine. I have all of my locals except Fox and NBC of course so you may want to venture into the Linkpi setup for those.

I see that there's a new pre-release v2024.05.22.1908. I have downloaded and am scanning all channels. So far, I have mostly received duplicate emails with duplicate passcodes. Some channel authorizations have only sent a single email with a single code. However, I have had to enter each six digit code twice in succession.
The process is strange and tedious... I shall persevere and let you know how it turns out.

Unfortunately, after what was over an hour and a half channel scanning process, there were no additional channels authorized. Logs have been submitted: f3068fc6-0ced-499c-8c1b-86f005dc81f0 :cry:

I don't know if this will resolve the Hulu issues, but this will allow you to re-enter a 2fa code without deleting and re-adding a source:

Thanks, Eric. I have already removed my Hulu source. I'll attempt to add it back in while my subscription is still valid. If I'm able to get it going, I'll try to rescan some individual channels and let you know what happens...

That's a no-go. Unable to add the Hulu Live source.

Following up with resolution on my Hulu Live authentication issue...

I assumed I was on the latest version of things since I am running the official Channels DVR docker container, but turns out it is based on a very old version of ubuntu (16.04 I think it was) and won't update chromium past version 90.something :grimacing: Surprised this isn't a known issue by now? @eric

I ended up learning some Dockerfile stuff and building my own docker image based on current alpine linux and latest chromium, to at least get me going for now. Hopefully the devs will get the official images updated soon...

A post was split to a new topic: Should I use Docker?

The docker container you linked to is based on Alpine Linux, so you may have been running an old version of the container.

Sorry, I was running fancybits/channels-dvr:nvidia for gpu functionality. I corrected the link above.

Yes, that has yet to be updated.

Since I knew I wanted to tryout the gpu options, I went straight to the nvidia image when I moved to using Docker. I never actually tried out the fancybits/channels-dvr:tve image, assuming it would be the same just without the gpu extras. But from this exchange it sounds like that is not the case, and I do see now that the channels-dvr:tve image has been updated on Docker Hub much more recently than the gpu images (5 mo vs 3 yrs ago).

The latest DVR pre-release has additional attempts to fix 2fa for Hulu.

1 Like

I just tried to add Hulu Live as TVE source. I received two emails, both with the same 6 digit number. I was prompted twice to enter the code. Upon entering the passcode for the second time, it dropped out of the process with the same "Cable provider authentication failed" message as before.
Diagnostics submitted: c58ed3c5-e48e-40c0-9e47-8dc4ed466802

Thanks for trying this out. It isn't clear to me why it isn't working.

You're quite welcome. I have recently switched to YouTube TV and have TVE working as a source. I had previously been charged for Hulu, so that account is good for another 2 weeks or so. I'm happy to continue testing the Hulu 2fa until my service runs out.

1 Like

Same here, running latest Beta. Can not get authenticated

Anybody working on this issue?