Channels app just DRAGGING bad the last few days

Is there anything I can do to find out why the app is just struggling to play video lately? Everything was running fine until a few days ago and now just about every virtual channel I have just struggles to stream any videos. It'll just pause for 5-10 seconds, then play maybe a second or two, then start it all over again.

When I first start the app it plays ok, but after maybe 30-45 minutes it just starts this and it does it on every channel. I haven't changed anything in my library, some are x265 and others are x264 or something else. I've got the ChannelsDVR running on an unRAID docker container but there's no load on the system, and nothing to indicate there's any load on the network interface either. I've tried rebooting the FireTV stick as well.

Anything I can check out to see why this has started?

Edit: Just checked some of the Live channels from my HDHomeRun and it's doing the same thing. Just long pauses of constant buffering.

2 Likes

Please go to Settings -> Support -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from your device and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

Done. Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like a WiFi issue? Run a speed test maybe

2 Likes

If there is WiFi involved that's usually the weak link for sure. People don't realize throughput drops with distance, they think if you can see the SSID you'll get full speed.

It sounds like you need to reboot your WiFi system. If that doesn't help, stop and restart your ChannelsDVR docker container. Next would be to reboot your UnRaid NAS to make sure the NAS network connection is good.