Channels Carbon Theme

new update in the OP. colors are much more refined, beta was updated also.

3 Likes

Something wrong with this one. Won't install on my Shield even after uninstalling previous version.

2 Likes

Idk bro. I've tested the download by installing on my Shield, chromecast, and phone. Would you like for me to generate an .md5? How are you transferring it to your shield?

I will mention this, I noticed new behavior from the 'update channels dvr beta', it doesn't say that anymore, it says 'install channels dvr beta' and fetches the download even if its the latest version, so maybe try removing all versions, leaving only the server?

1 Like

All good now. I usually leave the non-beta version on my Shield. Uninstaller that and it installed. Never had to do that. Looks good!

1 Like

Thanks! I don't know what has changed to cause this behavior not being able to have both, my process hasn't changed any, so I have to assume something else has changed?

Maybe, no big deal though. I never used the other one anyway. I noticed a couple spots with purple still.

One the guide when you select the drop down for the categories of channels you want to see and when watching a channel the quick guide and the channel info/progess bar (when you push up).

Is Picture in Picture broken for anyone else? Hitting the back button does nothing and you're stuck while playing back live or recorded TV.

It's working fine for me. I press the Netflix button for the 'P' command, it goes to pip, I can do stuff, if I hit it again it comes back large and keeps playing. If I select a different program from the guide while in pip, it switches the channel in the pip, and I hit my button again to make it big. That's not how it's supposed to work? I kinda like the new changes.

I've never once been able to change that color the little toggle arrow becomes when you first go to it. Yea, the quick guide, and the thing below it will be transparent, this always a wip to make it better.

Gotcha... I didn't notice on the other ones. Just figured I'd let you know in case you didn't notice. All I really care about is the guide and that looks good.

What happened with this new version?
Now it all light grey and nothing like the previous theme where lots of things were black and dark grey. The guide cells are light blue now? They looked much better and ewaiser to read black.

And what do yo mean under the to do for transparent quick guide, it already is so, at least the background shading is. Do u mean to try and make it fully, including the program images, to be transparent?

Going back to ver. 102.7.6 it looks way better, for my taste's.

Remember earlier in the thread where I was gonna remake this theme to do a better job with the colors of the text for readability? I did what I said I was gonna do, start over. If you'd rather the guide cells black again, and a black background, at this point that's easy to change, but that will have to wait until I feel like messing with this again, I feel like this is completely usable product, better than any of the last ones since there's no more wonky cursor behavior, so when I feel like it, I'll play around with it some more and darken the colors up and see what masterpiece emerges.

Thanks for supporting my theme.

1 Like

nope. i only check this thread on occasion and grab the newest file.

But even so, making the text more readable is very different than changing the whole theme colors. Text was perfectly readable before, and the new version, i find is a step back and makes things harder to read. The 102.7.6 version is perfect. I don't see any issue anywhere of text issues. Why mess with perfect? lol

Its your theme to do with as you please, of course.
Everyone has their own personal tates, but if this is how its going to look going forward, then i guess i'm never updating past 102.7.6

Maybe someday the devs will incorporate themes or user changeable colors settings into thier app so that each user can tweak the look to their liking.

1 Like

Fair enough, sorry to overreact. I'll look at darkening things back up, thanks again.

1 Like

To be clear, i do not mean to come across of needy or demanding.
I was just jarringly surprised when I installed the new version and it was very different than what the "Channels Carbon Theme" has always been.

yea, partially my fault for not reading the newer posts....but i never expected for it to be radically changed.

But, if you are planning to make such a radical overall change to the base color theme, then perhaps may be best to make it a separate named theme, or rename this one to v2 or something, as to avoid surprising its users who were expecting something else.

Afterall, "Carbon" kinda implys carbon fiber like color scheme. Which is black with white and dark grey. Much more of a 2 tone look. I would not call this new color choice of all a much lighter grey, carbon...I would call it, well, Channels Grey theme. Under that premise, it is a very nice looking Grey theme.

It's all good bro. I like a dark version too, and perhaps didn't mean for the changes to be so drastic. However, most of the work over put into this particular version had been around replacing all the text with white. It's not so simple because of the design. Now that I have been able to get all the text to be white, and not broken somewhere else because of it, to make things darker, lighter, pink, blue, yellow is easy now. This is the base. The main colors you see are just a few changes now.

I'll darken up the next version and get a fully transparent quick guide going.

1 Like

Thanks again. I will wait for next version.

Is everyone having to uninstall the stable version to get this latest beta version installed? I am using a Firestick 4K if that matters...

@speedingcheetah

Let me know what you think about this:
Channels Dark

Looks familiar, there was a versions of a all black theme posted at some point.
That specific file, is all black, nearly everywhere too much black...lol
And is unfinished, still having purple in some places like the player ui bar and quick guide. Can't see each program cell in the Guide....
Was that supposed to be just a test thing u posted?

While i do like "black" themes, there is such a thing as too much black.
It is actually much harder on my eyes being all just black and white text.
(it especially would "pop" if one has a OLED tv)

I was using the all black theme apk for a few days at first but got bad eyestrain,...

Then your "Carbon" theme showed up with black and dark grey theme and that is just ended up being perfect for me. Doesn't strain my eyes.

1 Like

Well all that old stuffs all gone, so if we're doing the requests thing, can you provide me some hex color codes or something?