Channels Carbon Theme

Don't forget the pro has ai upscaling.
Also, pink themes a one time thing

Dude, you so rock! I love what you have done. I hope the Channels devs decide to offer some options for themes. I would love this on my Apple TV.

3 Likes

The Tube non pro has the same AI upscaling as the Pro.
I own both pro and tube.

I mainly tried to emulate the Shield's UI

Here's an all black guide version I'm using.

All Black Guide

This is the paint bundled with windows? I'd like to see what colors the shield ui is using, see if I can match them up with the app.

No. Paint. net is a program. Google it.
https://www.getpaint.net/index.html

I am unavailable until Thurs. Work related.

And what do you mean by shield UI?
you mean the settings menus and such That's the only thing that stays static color.
As the home screen background dynamically changes color based on what app you tend to highlight I find it quite annoying.

Just found your themed versions and excited to try them. Curious though, do you or anyone know how to keep the favorites sorted/in order each time you have to update? We use the On Now section almost exclusively to watch, browse what's on, etc. and my wife loves it since I can order the channels to suit her. But when I installed this, the sort was gone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 Like

Would love a black "Night time" background. Way easier on the eyes. Using Apple TV and iPhone app.

The ability to sort, or your preferences from before? I'll try to look into this, but I'm not sure where to begin.

I don't have any ios devices to mess around with, sorry.

update in the OP

updated to 102.13.31
darkened background (improved readability in on now, similar screens)
all black guide
gray cursor in guide
able to be installed alongside original stable build but not beta

Still trying to figure out the transparent quick guide and progress bar, so if anyone with more skill than me could take a look please, I'm pretty sure these are the 2 files to edit.

res/layout/airing_modal.xml
res/layout/airing_row.xml

Thanks!

Your favorites must be stored on the client, so perhaps you should try export to source, and after updating, import from source.

Oh yeah I'm very familiar with saving and importing/exporting favorites. I was talking about the actual sort/order in the On Now section. Let's say I have NBC, CBS, ABC, and Fox as my first 4 you see. When installing fresh, it always jumbles the order. And with lots of channels it's a pain to reorder every time on every tv. Sounds like there's no way around it.

All I can think of is if you are able to browse to your /data/app folder on your device, theoretically you could just keep replacing the base.apk and whatever else pertains. It would be a headache trying that way. I don't know where those preferences get stored at, but it's not on the server, it's local to the device the app is installed on. Solutions in my head for stuff usually involve root, and that's a whole different thing.

Sounds like a good feature request @tmm1 the ability to backup / restore that :wink: since it would be useful in plenty of situations, not just this one.

Found an issue with the cursor text being white in the guide, it'll be black again next version.

the older version i posted the apk to does have transparent back ground for the quick guide and progress bar. do you recall what you tweaked to make that initially? or are you meaning that you are trying to make it fully transparent.

As transparent as possible, it's always been a dark transparent. I'm playing around with android studio. Its incredibly difficult to use on a pos.

update to Beta 102.19.2353
revert guide cursor to white
Download link in first post

What do you mean by “link in OP”?