Channels incorrectly listed as SD

Channels for iOS: v1.3

UK channel listing issue.

Both BBC Four HD & QVC HD are listed under SD not HD.

Thanks

Upgrading your hdhomerun firmware and rescanning for channels should fix this.

I’ve just noticed this too. Done a rescan recently and firmware is up to date too.

The issue here is that these channels share spectrum with children’s channels (eg, Cbeebies and CBBC). Depending on when the channel scan takes place, different channels show in the HD list.

Given silcondust seem completely uninterested in sorting this out, we really need to be able to manually edit which channels are listed as HD vs not for this reason.

Here is a topic discussing it. I’ve not heard back from silicon dust other than their standard reply: BBC 4 HD (freeview 106)

But the interface for Channels is entirely under Channels control. Allowing users to define the filtered lists should be entirely in Channels control and allow complete over ride of the meta data coming from the tuner.

Any answer to this issue? As a new user I just ran into it myself.
I have 3, 2 channel tuners, 1 is A Duo and the other 2 are the older Dual.
The Duo shows HD channels correctly but the others do not, they show as SD.
All the tuners work correctly in EyeTV and all stream info is displayed correctly. The problem is when I try to record more than 2 HD channels at the same time, I often Record 4 or 5. with overlaps for following recording, Channels - DVR will not record more than 2 even though I have 3 dual channel tuners. There must be a way to override this. I'm on the latest firmware as well. This issue could be a deal breaker.

You can mark the HD channels on the DVR web UI under Manage Lineup

1 Like

I must be missing something.. Mark what, where, how? In the web UI Under manage lineup, for each tuner, then mark how. Tried the adding HD in the filter but no luck.
I know from personal experience that because were are used to something that we forget new users have no clue because important info is assumed. I have found this to be true in the documentation as well.

I don't have a legacy tuner handy to take a screenshot. If you submit diagnostics I can point you in the right direction.

I see the pencil but when I click it I get a "Filter Box" I have no clue what to do then.
As I said I tried putting HD in it but nothing?? Should not be this difficult... It's not like I haven't done my share of Web design and PHP coding as well as a few others for custom automation in openHAB, building a few UnRAID Servers & etc.

Please go to Support -> Troubleshooting -> Submit Diagnostic Logs from the web interface of the DVR and let us know when it's been submitted so we can have a better idea of what was going on.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 12.50.07 PM

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 12.50.21 PM

Thanks that seemed to fix the listing.

Hey @tmm1. I'm having this same issue with my HDHomeRun HDFX-4DT. BBC3HD (107) and BBC4HD (106) keep flipping back from HD to SD because of the shared mux with the BBC children's channels. Thus, when HDHomeRun does an auto rescan during the day, it reverts the BBC3 and BBC4 HD channels to SD. I don’t see the option to edit the HD label in the manage lineup settings as per your above screenshots. Can you advise? SiliconDust support aren’t helping at all (other than saying they have sent the issue to their engineering team again - last time it was reported back in 2020 and still not fixed). Many Thanks.

The manual marking in the screenshots I referenced is only for legacy HDHR models.

One option you have would be to create a Custom Channel with your own M3U which points to the specific hdhr frequency

Thanks @tmm1. Can you elaborate on how I would do that. Sorry, I am new to Channels DVR, just started using it earlier this month. I reviewed the Custom Channel documentation but don’t know how I would point it at the HDHomeRun device. Also, how would this Custom Channel work in regards to guide data? Many thanks.