Chrome dbus issue with Chromium 119 on TrueNAS Core (FreeBSD)

Server was working without issue until this Pre-Release.

I have reinstalled chromium pkg twice now and restarted the server with no change.
The currently installed chromium worked before this Pre-Release and showed no errors in troubleshooting.
Diagnostics have been submitted

Same thing for me. This is what i get when i try and update chrome through the UI

I'm not getting the error with a Synology package install and Channels DVR v2023.11.09.2207

# ls -l /volume1/@appstore/ChannelsDVR/channels-dvr/data/chromedp-chroot/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 channels channels 12 Nov  4 10:58 /volume1/@appstore/ChannelsDVR/channels-dvr/data/chromedp-chroot/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.31.so

# ls -l /volume1/@appstore/ChannelsDVR/channels-dvr/data/chromedp-chroot/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 channels channels 1901536 Nov  4 10:58 /volume1/@appstore/ChannelsDVR/channels-dvr/data/chromedp-chroot/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc-2.31.so

# /volume1/@appstore/ChannelsDVR/channels-dvr/data/chromedp-chroot/usr/bin/ldd --version
ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.31-13+deb11u6) 2.31
Copyright (C) 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO
warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Written by Roland McGrath and Ulrich Drepper.

I’ll check it out shortly. Thanks for reporting this.

OK so this worked for me. I am on Ubuntu Server so maybe you can find an equivalent procedure on FreeBSD

1 Like

I believe I know the fix so if you can hold off on an alternate solution I’ll be able to validate that my fix works.

I think we maybe talking about two different errors here but I'm holding.

Please try the latest pre-release to fix the dbus error.

@eric should i uninstall what i just did to fix and let Channels handle the install via the troubleshooting fix chrome process or just roll with what i have now?

Here is what I just got.

@TerryD Could you re-run troubleshooting, re-update Chrome and try it again? If you could submit diagnostics again after that that would be appreciated.

@slampman If you're interested, we can dig into what's going on with your setup. I would need diagnostics, and maybe we should start a new thread specifically about it.

Still failing, reinstalled chromium pkg re-ran troubleshooting and submitted diagnostics.

@TerryD: Okay, sorry it's taken me a while to get up-to-speed on the specific setup you have, but to clarify: you are not using the "Click here to upgrade Chrome" button, but are instead installing Chromium yourself, correct?

In this case, I do not believe we've had any recent changes to impact the behavior of system installed Chrome/Chromium.

Are you sure you haven't upgraded the version of chromium on your system recently? What version are you running?

No recent update of Chromium and version being run.

I click here to upgrade Chrome and get a popup window, which appears to me to be saying I need to manually update.
When I click the OK button that popup goes away and there is no indication of any further activity.
The most recent TVE recordings were done Nov. 7th at 7:00 PM.without issue.

Thank you for that detail. I’m really perplexed how this would have started now, but I’m going to see what I can do to work around that error.

Can you try this pre-release build?

1 Like

Still no go sorry. Do you need diagnostics from this one?

Yes please.

submitted as 66213466-022c-4bb6-ad4b-49172856721c

Try this next one and then submit diagnostics again. Thanks!