Clock on Channels DVR GUI?

You'd think the devs would just go ahead and add the clock, if only to close off all the clock request threads. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The strange thing is, I don't think I've ever heard them comment on this. They are very active here, but for some reason they never acknowledge this feature request.

This should be a standard feature of any dvr program. It's certainly not a deal breaker, but why the silence on one of the most request feature?

Channels is still the best by far, but a clock would be nice.

1 Like

My guess is the addition of a clock would drastically change something in the design layout that makes them not want to do the clock without a full UI refresh? You would think that adding a clock shouldn't be too difficult, but we are still using purple... Just speculating...

1 Like

The developers always resist bringing this product in line with my specifications.

4 Likes

The developers is a red herring. A decision has been made but the reasoning behind it can not be disclosed without causing a massive eye-roll. Blame the developers.

@tmm1

Hello developers, would you like to take the fifth? :wink:

Last I counted, Channels is a three person shop -- plus one contractor who is working on Android TV. In this case, the developers are the decision makers. For whatever reason, they have decided that either a clock isn't necessary or isn't a priority for now. Personally, my "blaming" them is tongue in cheek. I enthusiastically concur with the overwhelming majority of their decisions so I'm happy to leave it at that. I kinda wish I knew why they haven't implemented a clock, but for some reason, they haven't invited me to sit in on their internal deliberations. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If this is true and the shop is so small, why the label "developers" is used at all? An appeal to authority?

We are not asking to launch a mission to go back to the Moon, the request is to display an extra text on some of the screens.

Given the obvious talents of the developers, anyone who is being honest would understand that adding a clock to the EPG is not months of developer time and is low hanging fruit. A clock is one of the popular requests however the lack of comments from the developers on the topic says it all.

A DVR program which without a clock clearly works but it is a little ridiculous.

So they hate us? Should I throw out my @maddox tshirt?

1 Like

Nobody hates anybody. Stop misdirecting. :wink:

They are not allowed to express their opinions on the subject of the clock. Why are they putting up with this is unfathomable to me. It has to be either money or sex :wink:

1 Like

They are like the teacher on AP Bio.

1 Like

Sex or money scandal? That does it; in the trash it goes!

2 Likes

As @Channels2021 suggested there might be other options :wink:

You wear that ? :-1: :-1: :-1:

Only to sleep in. It's so cuddly warm. :sleeping:

1 Like

We are being actively ignored :wink:

Probably wise.

You are right. Having a clock on the DVR is ridiculous.

I love the clock idea. I voted for it. But this thread has devolved into conspiracy theories. I should probably ignore it also but it's been too much fun.

1 Like