Clock on Channels DVR GUI?

It’s a good look. Don’t change.

We have already established the clock is a bad idea. No need to keep harping on the issue. :wink:

I hope people will not be leaving one star reviews in Apple store because of this in order to get developers' attention.

Calm down.

Look, we all know that eventually, the ghost of steve jobs will show up here and offer the developers a crazy sum of money/soul for this extraordinary ... whatever it is ... and then there will be private islands for all.

No one needs a clock when it comes to scheduling issues.

EDIT: Oh, and great job to the developers on all the most recent stuff. Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks for being the self appointed arbiter of what everyone else needs... We are so fortunate to have you tell me what the rest of my house wants...

1 Like

I think everyone is just having fun with it.
If someone told me how to consume TV, what channels to watch, when I should watch, etc. I would tell them to go pound sand.
I have a workaround for a lot of things I want Channels to provide that it doesn't, including a clock.
You can't always get what you want...

1 Like

Beyond the obvious demand for a clock, its surprising to see the number of people who are either thread trolls or have nothing going on in their life that the feel they need to voice opposition to a feature request? If someone here wanted a feature that could be toggled on or off do you think I would waste my time making comments on the forum against it? I guess some people have nothing better to do during the day than hide behind a keyboard and snipe. Its pretty simple, if you aren't interested in a feature request, why post here unless you are interested in causing conflict. Feel free to start you own thread against having a clock.

1 Like

I've set a large cushion on the floor behind my chair.
That way when the devs announce "the clock" and I fall off my chair...

2 Likes

I'm definitely not holding my breath given the silence from the devs.

1 Like

I think the way to get a clock is to announce that Channels DVR will never have a clock or record drm.
I'm curious as to where the Channels Clients get their clock from (the client device, the HDHR or the Channels server if you have Channels Plus). If you have Channels Plus we know the clock comes from the server for the web UI guide and scheduling.

Can I get this in 2X?

1 Like

And for the record, I think having a bit of fun with this is likely to get it more attention than it would otherwise. This feature request is a little different because it’s become “a thing” around here. No guarantee it will happen of course, but as others have pointed out it most certainly has to be on The radar at least. The more unicorn clocks the better IMO.

1 Like

Can you imagine if the next prerelease has a splash screen behind the grid guide of the above pink unicorn clock with the real time. That would be awesome sauce. And wouldn’t infringe on any copyrights(right?)
I super dog dare them

4 Likes

Huh?
If you saw the Alpha Release you would know it's Purple, not Pink.
Oops, gave it away... :grinning:

1 Like

um :crazy_face:

2 Likes

You could switch to the Channels add-on in Kodi if you want a clock...

Our long national nightmare is over!

7 Likes

It certainly felt global.

9 Likes

Not using a blinking red font was a missed opportunity.

5 Likes