Crashing issue on SHIELD (UK H264)

I’ve been playing all the DVR recordings via Plex, however tonight one of the episodes refuses to play on Plex and crashes the app.

Is it worth me putting the episode somewhere for you to download and take a look at?

Cheers!

I find that the channel changing has improved in the latest beta. Managed to watch 20 minutes of BBC before getting an ANR when the signal was good and not in a switch between programs or anything.

Sent the ANR through the android crash reporting

I’ve uploaded beta build 17 which contains fixes for both the video stall and the ANR.

1 Like

Thanks, running beta 17 now. It’s late here, but I’ll leave it playing overnight and see if it’s still running in the morning

1 Like

Mine has updated to 1.0.1

It doesn’t appear to crash any more which is good. It did freeze, then pixelate at one point, and the audio ended up all out of sync, before getting back in sync again.

There’s no longer an option to send diagnostics to you so I’ll just have to keep an eye on it :slight_smile:

I’ve just sent you another video of what it’s doing now… freezes, pixelation and UI popping up randomly.

It doesn’t happen with HDHomerun app.

The app doesn’t crash however which is good :slight_smile:

Can you push a beta for me with the ability to send diagnostics?

The issues are happening repeatedly so pretty much unwatchable at the moment.

Cheers!

Uploaded

Doesn’t work at all. Just instantly crashes.

Sorry uploaded the wrong build. The correct one is up there now.

Don’t know if you changed anything in this build, but so far it’s playing perfectly. I did clear all app data too though. Will see how it goes for next hour.

1 Like

I had it pixelate once, and the UI shows up on screen. It’s much better though!

Have sent the diagnostics. Will continue to use and see how it goes. Not managed to find any programme with 5.1 audio yet though to test.

1 Like

Thanks, last diagnostics show some audio issues due to a rare type of encoding being used. Please submit diagnostics again if you encounter any more issues.

It seems to get worse as time goes on. It’s now become unwatchable, so I have submitted more diagnostics. It also seems to do it on all channels, so not channel specific.

Thanks. Can you tell me which Freeview transmitter you’re using?

I’ve found watching much better today without the anr’s but did have a couple of out of sync audio issues. I’m on the Emley moor freeview transmitter

@Andrewpmoore can you hit the submit diagnostics button the next time it happens, on the bottom of the Player Settings tab.

I’m not seeing it, is it only in the beta as i seem to be on 1.0.1 today?

Yea only in the beta. Maybe you need to opt in again? Not quite sure how it works yet.

I’m using Winter Hill - or at least that’s where my antenna points.