Does the New TVEverywhere work with youtube TV TV?

I subscribe to Youtube TV and have a Nvidia Shield TV setup. I thought I setup ChannelsDVR on my computer rather than on my Shield! Is that possible? How would I confirm this? Would really like to use this TVEverywhere!!!

See Provider - YouTube TV

It is supported on computers but not the SHIELD.

You can visit getchannels.com/account and it should have a link to your DVR where you can see if it says Windows or SHIELD.

My DVR says DVR: USA-OTA85248

Your DVR Details

At Home: http://dvr-desktop-gojll58.local:8089

I just remembered that I had tried FitzyTV and was able to sign up my Youtube TV account! Fitzy was so inferior to Channels that I eventually canceled. The problem I am having with your setup is when I search for channel providers YoutubeTV is listed!!!

I found it!

2 Likes

I'm having trouble logging in with my new YouTube TV subscription, i keep getting this screen

I've tried all the tips on this thread, but still nothing. Please help! I paid for a whole year in advance and with Locast gone, I got nothing to use channels with

See the YouTube TV thread on the forum.

People are reporting it works if you sign up a new Google account and use that.

1 Like

1 Like

See:

Also I think Two Factor Authentication has to be turned off (on the Google account that's trying to log in.)

So to summarize, I have to cancel my current YTTV account, and start a new one with a newly made Gmail account? I ask because YTTV won't let me change emails on my current account. Just FYI this is getting highly complicated and I'm regretting having paid for a year in advance of Channels DVR! Will they refund me the balance of what I haven't used if this doesn't work?

1 Like

Another alternative which is working for some people is to sign up a new gmail, then add that to your YTTV as a family member and use that to auth the DVR.

If you need a refund you can email [email protected]

So any ideas on how to get around this? I'm trying a new gmail account but it keeps returning the following. BTW, I created the new login and saved it to my google families. So I don't set everything up again.

Captcha usually only appears when there is a VPN running on your DVR NAS

Nope. I have a Synology with no VPN profiles. Any other thoughts? Thanks for the quick response.

What’s Synacor?

I have no idea.

Did you sign in and verify the first time on nbc.com/live to see if it works?

You're a star!!! That worked! Thank you. A side question, will the "Passes" I created while using Locast work on YouTube?