Provider - YouTube TV

Then why does the same account that gets blocked on Windows work in Docker?

Presumably malware that its trying to protect against is more prevalent on Windows, and running in docker makes it appear like linux instead?

Windows 10 Pro.

I was trying to get my google account working, no dice. I'm the primary account but don't have 2FA on. At any rate tried my hubbies account and it wouldn't work either.

I had to delete one of my kids accounts from Family, then made myself a brand spanking new google account and tried that ... instant success scanning channels etc.

I don't think my kid will be happy to find he's deleted from my Family (ouch!)

1 Like

I run 2 channels dvr servers in lxc containers (ubuntu:20.04) and I was getting blocked as well by YTTV. I created a Docker version and was able to login.

Instead of using Chrome to capture the stream, would it be possible to use a different browser for YoutubeTV?

It must be the account. I have failed to get it to work for a month on Windows 11 Pro, Mac and Raspberry Pi. Created a new clean Gmail/YTTV account and it worked immediately on Windows, Mac and Pi server. Also spoke to a friend that had the same issue on a Windows server, he was able to login with a fresh account as well on Windows. Glad to have it back in action in time for the football!

Never was able to get Docker installed properly so cannot confirm anything with Docker.

2 Likes

I’ve tried everything and can’t seem to get logged in. I keep getting this error:

I tried my primary google account and then created a family group and added a shared family account with pretty much all security disabled and still couldn’t log in. I tried safari browser on my iPhone, Chrome browser on MacBook, and Safari browser on MacBook.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

I'm trying to get local NBC (WVLA here in Baton Rouge, LA) via TVE/YTTV with no success so far. I can login into NBC LIve and watch live shows, and the guide there shows programming round the clock.

Unfortunately, I did not see the suggestion to login to NBC live online before I set up my DVR server.

When I manage LIneup on the YTTV source, I don't see the NBC channel even after Rescanning Channels (unless I just am not seeing it). Looking at the log, I don't even see that it scanned for an NBC channel (well, there were MSNBC, CNBC, NBCSN, 8 regional NBCSN channels, and NBCNEWS).

What should I try next?

Submit diagnostics and email support

Diagnostics submitted, email sent. Thanks.

It's being blocked for me because Google doesn't see my DVR as a secure connection. Any way around this?

1 Like

Having the same issues here. Tried with an unsecure Gmail account after adding it to my family YTTV account and going to NBC Live. No luck here. Frustrating - wanted to use YTTV after Locast went belly up.

3 Likes

I seem to be having no problems with TVE on YouTubeTV except for one channel. All other channels seem to work fine. I get a ch6002: TVE: Stream Temporarily Unavailable message for my local FOX channel. Any ideas of what to try?

021/09/24 06:55:33.734195 [HLS] Couldn't generate stream playlist for ch6002-dANY-ip192.168.1.1: TVE: Stream Temporarily Unavailable
2021/09/24 06:55:33.734296 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session ch6002-dANY-ip192.168.1.1
2021/09/24 06:55:34.970803 [ERR] Failed to start stream for ch6002: TVE: Stream Temporarily Unavailable

This is normal and matches what is available on fox.com/live

1 Like

Have you had any success here? I'm having the same issue.

2 Likes

As a paying user, I deserve an answer to this authentication issue. AN UPDATE, ANYTHING!

This feature is still in "Beta" for a reason. And if YouTube/Google is actively trying to block this authentication, it's not entirely up to Channels DVR to be able to fix it.

CleanShot 2021-09-24 at 10.43.42

2 Likes

I think what he’s saying is that you may have a local affiliate that doesn’t broadcast 24x7 on the fox website. Obviously in that case Channels will only be able to tune it when it’s online. If you follow the link provided are you able to stream it on the website around the clock?

I'm referring to the overall authentication issue introduced with captcha codes by google.

1 Like

YTTV is probably going to lose NBC Universal, so don't have to worry about authenticating those channels