DVR server on windows

Please email me this file to [email protected]

D:\DVR\Logs\comskip\6\video.log

I have AT&T and am able to use Air Video HD to stream high quality video over cellular form channels recordings or Windows Media Center, just not live TV.

@facke02 Can you email me D:\DVR\Logs\comskip\3\video.log

Sent

This is awesome (especially the windows support). So awesome that I just unplugged the Ceton Echo from my living room TV which leaves the AppleTV as the only client. I have just one simple extremely user friendly little remote for everything I use- videos, pictures, recorded TV, music, and movies- all thanks to the work being done by you folks at Fancy Bits and the magic of CEC HDMI.

1 Like

Several bugs in the windows port have been fixed in the latest version v2017.01.30.2232.

There is still a known issue where comskip is crashing on some recordings, but it should not crash the DVR anymore.

I also noticed once, after I had stopped streaming a live channel via the web browser, there was still a ffmpeg.exe running in Task Manager and using a lot of CPU. I tried to reproduce again and wasn’t able to. If streaming is working and then stops, make sure there are no rogue ffmpeg.exe running.

Great! Will test it out tonight. Several recordings already set for tonight!

No crashes on the two recordings I did today. No rogue ffmpeg.exe.

Question, why is there two copies of each video? One in the TV\series directory and the other in Logs\comskip\6 and 7.

It’s not a copy, we use a “hard link” so the storage is not duplicated.

Have you had an opportunity to test the Dell mini PC?

Lon Seidman recently reviewed this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9gM8jAOf_0&t=245s It looks like a great Windows 10 option.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXYZ8V5/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=bachelordigsc-20&linkId=5718e48523965c059be420138c11fd66

Yep works like a charm here.

1 Like

Not sure if this belongs here, but I am using the Windows 10 64-bit DVR version. Web streaming works for live TV, but not recordings. Appears to be transcoding, but picture never displays. I have it on the lowest setting, and have used Firefox and Chrome on Windows, or Safari on iPhone 7.

What does the log say?

2017/02/01 15:12:30 [HLS] Starting transcoder for file-14 at 0s (encoder=libx264, resolution=240, deinterlacer=blend, bitrate=360)
[mpegts @ 000000000220bfc0] Dropped corrupted packet (stream = 1)
[mpegts @ 000000000220bfc0] Dropped corrupted packet (stream = 2)
2017/02/01 15:12:49 [HLS] Stopping transcoder session file-14 @ 41.708344s
2017/02/01 15:12:50 [HLS] error during ffmpeg progress: read tcp 127.0.0.1:8089->127.0.0.1:52796: wsarecv: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Thanks. It looks like recording playback on windows broke with yesterday’s build.

Ok. BTW - love the software, keep it up! I was having trouble with the Linux server going offline (my issue I am sure), so this is a marked improvement being able to install on an OS I am more familiar with.

I’m not the “you” you’re talking to :slight_smile:, but here’s the changelog:

With the latest build 2017.02.01.2149 the channel listing disappears at the slightest movement of the mouse in the web interface. Settings -> 506 channels on … is where I’m at. The page below stays grey until I refresh the page.

This is using the Microsoft Edge browser. Works fine in Chrome. Edge had been working for me.

The recording playback bug on windows has been fixed in v2017.02.02.0208