DVR Server Won't Autostart with Extended Internal Storage

I have a 2017 Shield TV which I recently reloaded Channels DVR Server on after upgrading the my USB storage to a 5TB Seagate external. As I need the external storage for app storage, the external storage is configured as extension of the internal storage, not as a removable device. The Channels DVR Server does autostart when the Shield is rebooted.

When I first got the Shield and my Channels subscription, the DVR did autostart. Then I added a small USB SSD to extend the internal storage and it stopped autostarting.

Now with the 5TB drive, it is still not autostarting. When I configured Channels after the 5TB upgrade, both the internal and external devices were shown as one internal device. A created a top level "DVD" folder for Channels, and from Channels perspective it has almost 5TB of space available. I don't have the option of installing a second USB drive, as the second USB port is being used by a peripheral device.

As noted in this thread (Auto startup on Nvidia Shield) I could move the Channels DVR back to the on-device internal storage, but my fear is Channels will only see the internal storage instead of the external drive.

Can anyone confirm moving the Channels DVR service back to the internal drive will not break Channels thinking it still is writing to the external drive? I'd hate to move the DVR service back to the internal drive only to find it is writing to the on-device internal storage with just a couple GB of free space. I also don't want to have to re-install the DVR service yet again.

It looks like you're using adopted storage for saving recordings, so moving the app will not work in this case.

Can you check under android app settings what version is shown for Channels DVR Server

Both the Shield TV box and the Channels DVR server are on the latest updates as of yesterday:
Channels DVR Server version 2020.09.14.2100
NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV kernel 4.9.140-tegra-g0d6c6ecc28f4

I need the version number shown when you go to the android settings and click into apps then click into Channels DVR Server

DVR Server version 1.1.4

See SHIELD DVR: New "Autostart on reboot" option for adopted storage users