ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

I’ve got an advanced pass that works with ESPN+ and SEC+. I don’t do the linear channels thru the EPLUSTV container as channels does much better.

The standard channels passes doesn’t pick up the Eplustv stations so just set up an advanced pass.

Sec+ and accx+ games are under ESPN+. Isnt it a bit redundant? Does the app remove redundancies? Btw ESPN seems to get schedule data way before fox it seems

SEC+ and ACCNX both have different scheduling API than ESPN+, even if they might show under ESPN+ in the app? It does prevent duplicates if they have the same ID from the provider API.

What do you mean ESPN gets schedule data before FOX? They are all done at the same step. Nothing is scheduled until the providers are all fetched.

1 Like

I don't take donations

Yes, it's all Node with Typescript

I'm happy to investigate new providers as long as I have credentials to test against. I have a full queue of requests so it's hard to say when I'll get any done though

I'm not sure how the NFL pass works in Channels. I don't use that feature. If someone from the channels team wants to tell me how it works I can try and figure out what data I'm not providing it

I mean for the future. I still dont see Alabama vs Wisconsin yet for fox - 4k etc. It seems ESPN schedules go much further into the future.

With @m0ngr31's excellent work on the latest version of this project, I've updated Project One-Click to match. As always, Project One-Click not only auto-deploys the stack in Portainer, but also adds the custom channels source to your CDVR server. This includes a second source for the new linear channels, if LINEAR_CHANNELS=true.

Update to the latest OliveTin-for-Channels, and you'll have the latest version of Project One-Click!

1 Like

How many channels have you set in your container? I think the default is 150 - I have mine set for 200. The more sources you have the more likely to miss a game on the schedule because you run out of available channels to schedule on. Go to your log and search for Alabama and see if it saw it but didn’t assign a channel. The more sources you want to pull in require more channels available.

I have 200 set , but fox doesnt have anything until like 10pm tonight. nothing for tomorrow yet.

Is there any way you can have the docker ping the game to see if its on and refresh the schedule based on that is or is that not possible with channels?

OK (I am testing on nextpvr)

The game does not show 4K SDR/HDR yet, do those show up later?

Unfortunately I can't try it yet because for some reason I cannot open the port 6077. I am using a linux MiniPC for the Channels Server and the docker for this. I am a novice and use AI to assist in what I am trying to do as coding with Linux is foreign to me but I am learning. For some reason I cannot open Port 6077. The only port that I can get open is 8089. This is the oddest thing. I have set rules for the firewall, Turned off the firewall, port forwarded on the router. I have troubleshooted all that I can and I cannot figure out why the port 6077 will not open. I am using an external port checker and 8089 works but when I follow the same procedure for 6077 it looks like it takes but it remains filtered. I have been working on this for a while and I cant figure it out. not sure anyone else has ran into this problem

BLUF I cant set up EPlusTV without opening port 6077 and regardless what I try it wont open

You tried on your router?

Yes I tried on the router That was the first thing I did

Is anyone showing the 4k games tomorrow? How big is the average football game in 4k?

I am not seeing them aren't they enabled by default with FOX SPORTS=TRUE???

Ok apparently they only appear when they appear

Bama game not showing 4k

Looks like something might have changed in their API. Only showing 720p for all their events:

Odd I don't see either Alabama/Wisconsin or Oregon/Oregon St in that screenshot. Those were the only 4k games today on Fox

So was big noon kickoff.

2 Likes

I am using EPlusTV via Docker and Tivimate. I am hoping to add a standard channel logo to my playlist. Where would I place a logo and how would I access it? I have options for 'Logos from playlist', Logos from EPG', and Logos from folder'. A generic logo would be fine and I could place in a folder if I knew the location of the folder. Thanks

I haven't seen anything in 4K since the beginning of the season.

Is there a solution for this error? All of the espn+ versions do not open, with the others I have no problem.

Captura de pantalla 2024-09-15 114710

1 Like

Delete your espn_plus_tokens.json file and restart the container