ESPN+ & FOX Sports with Custom Channels via EPlusTV

Unfortunately no, it doesn't work like that

I was able to tune in just fine without having a linked account!

2 Likes

What is recommened channel numbers for Flosports , and also MLB what does BIGINNING*** Schedule Big Inning? mean

1 Like

Invalid Playlist : DATERANGE tags with the same CLASS should not overlap
Getting this error for flosports

1 Like

Not sure where it could have gone wrong for me.

Adding event:  Empoli vs. Juventus
Adding event:  San Lorenzo vs. Vélez Sarsfield
Adding event:  AC Milan vs. Venezia
Adding event:  Racing vs. Boca Juniors
Adding event:  Genoa vs. Roma
Adding event:  Dundee United vs. Rangers
Adding event:  Torino vs. Lecce
Adding event:  Atalanta vs. Fiorentina
Adding event:  Portsmouth vs. West Bromwich Albion
Adding event:  Cagliari vs. Napoli
Adding event:  Monza vs. Inter
Adding event:  Argentinos Juniors vs. Newell's Old Boys
Adding event:  Notre Dame at Purdue
Adding event:  Colorado at Colorado State
Adding event:  New York Jets at Tennessee Titans
Adding event:  Cincinnati Bengals at Kansas City Chiefs
=== Done getting events ===
=== Building the schedule ===
Scheduling 917 entries...
=== Done building the schedule ===
=== Starting Server ===
Server started on port 9999

Docker Compose/Portainer Stack
version: '3.9'
services:
  # GitHub home for this project with setup instructions: https://github.com/m0ngr31/EPlusTV
  # Docker Hub home for this project: https://hub.docker.com/r/m0ngr31/eplustv
  eplustv:
    image: m0ngr31/eplustv:${TAG}
    ports:
      - ${HOST_PORT}:${PORT} # For use with Portainer this port is being mapped to 8185, as Portainer uses port 8000
    environment:
      - START_CHANNEL=${START_CHANNEL} # What the first channel number should be.
      - NUM_OF_CHANNELS=${NUM_OF_CHANNELS} # How many channels to create? This is dependent on the networks you are using. A good number to start with is >= 150 if you are using ESPN+.
      - PROXY_SEGMENTS=${PROXY_SEGMENTS} # Proxy keyed *.ts files.
      - PUID=${PUID} # Current user ID. Use if you have permission issues. Needs to be combined with PGID.
      - PGID=${PGID} # Current group ID. Use if you have permission issues. Needs to be combined with PUID.
      - PORT=${PORT} # Port the API will be served on. You can set this if it conflicts with another service in your environment.
      - ESPNPLUS=${ESPNPLUS} # Set to false if you only want events that come from your TV provider.
      - ESPN=${ESPN} # ESPN: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ESPN2=${ESPN2} # ESPN2: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ESPN3=${ESPN3} # ESPN3: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ESPNU=${ESPNU} # ESPNU: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - SEC=${SEC} # SEC Network: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - SECPLUS=${SECPLUS} # SEC Network+: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ACCN=${ACCN} # ACCN: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ACCNX=${ACCNX} # ACCNX: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - LONGHORN=${LONGHORN} # Longhorn Network: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ESPNEWS=${ESPNEWS} # ESPNews: Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - ESPN_PPV=${ESPN_PPV} # PPV: Set if you have purchased PPV events.
      - FOXSPORTS=${FOXSPORTS} # Set if your TV provider supports it.
      - FOXSPORTS_ALLOW_REPLAYS=${FOXSPORTS_ALLOW_REPLAYS} # If you would like to schedule events that aren't live.
      - MAX_RESOLUTION=${MAX_RESOLUTION} # Max resolution to use. Valid options are UHD/HDR, UHD/SDR, 1080p, 720p, and 540p (Some providers don't offer 4K or 1080p and will attempt to play the highest framerate available for selected resolution).
      - FOX_ONLY_4K=${FOX_ONLY_4K} # Only grab 4K events.
      - PARAMOUNTPLUS=${PARAMOUNTPLUS} # Set if you would like CBS Sports events.
      - MLBTV=${MLBTV} # Set if you would like to use MLB.tv.
      - MLBTV_USER=${MLBTV_USER} # MLB.tv Username.
      - MLBTV_PASS=${MLBTV_PASS} # MLB.tv Password.
      - MLBTV_ONLY_FREE=${MLBTV_ONLY_FREE} # Only schedule free games.
    volumes:
      - eplustv:/app/config
    restart: unless-stopped
volumes:
  eplustv:
    name: ${HOST_VOLUME}
Environment Variables
TAG=latest
HOST_PORT=9185
START_CHANNEL=20000
NUM_OF_CHANNELS=300
PROXY_SEGMENTS=false
PUID=1000
PGID=1000
PORT=9999
ESPNPLUS=true
ESPN=true
ESPN2=true
ESPN3=false
ESPNU=true
SEC=true
SECPLUS=false
ACCN=true
ACCNX=false
LONGHORN=false
ESPNEWS=true
ESPN_PPV=false
FOXSPORTS=true
FOXSPORTS_ALLOW_REPLAYS=true
MAX_RESOLUTION=UHD/HDR
FOX_ONLY_4K=false
PARAMOUNTPLUS=true
MLBTV=false
MLBTV_USER=false
MLBTV_PASS=false
MLBTV_ONLY_FREE=false
MSGPLUS=false
MSGPLUS_USER=false
MSGPLUS_PASS=false
HOST_VOLUME=eplustv_config

Which of those others let you watch free games without acct?

There's nothing on the homepage. You have to look at the readme to see how to use it

2 Likes

Ah, sorry. It's a case of "RTFM". :laughing:
My bad. Thanks! :slight_smile:

Do we know why passes dont seem to work for eplus sources? in the past, when things were coming from fox, the listing would just say "saints vs bucs" and its like ok it makes no mention of NFL so i understand the NFL pass not working.

the game last night through nfl+ was listed as "NFL- Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins" but didnt get picked up to auto record via the pass. Im sure the pass is doing something more sophisticated than just looking for "NFL" in the title, but what else are eplus listings missing that are making it not seem to work with passes?

Where do we donate to this project? Does it use node.js like cc4c?

Also

Could you look into adding HUDL or ad the very least, MIAA or WIAC (I think FCS conferences)?

I’ve got an advanced pass that works with ESPN+ and SEC+. I don’t do the linear channels thru the EPLUSTV container as channels does much better.

The standard channels passes doesn’t pick up the Eplustv stations so just set up an advanced pass.

Sec+ and accx+ games are under ESPN+. Isnt it a bit redundant? Does the app remove redundancies? Btw ESPN seems to get schedule data way before fox it seems

SEC+ and ACCNX both have different scheduling API than ESPN+, even if they might show under ESPN+ in the app? It does prevent duplicates if they have the same ID from the provider API.

What do you mean ESPN gets schedule data before FOX? They are all done at the same step. Nothing is scheduled until the providers are all fetched.

1 Like

I don't take donations

Yes, it's all Node with Typescript

I'm happy to investigate new providers as long as I have credentials to test against. I have a full queue of requests so it's hard to say when I'll get any done though

I'm not sure how the NFL pass works in Channels. I don't use that feature. If someone from the channels team wants to tell me how it works I can try and figure out what data I'm not providing it

I mean for the future. I still dont see Alabama vs Wisconsin yet for fox - 4k etc. It seems ESPN schedules go much further into the future.

With @m0ngr31's excellent work on the latest version of this project, I've updated Project One-Click to match. As always, Project One-Click not only auto-deploys the stack in Portainer, but also adds the custom channels source to your CDVR server. This includes a second source for the new linear channels, if LINEAR_CHANNELS=true.

Update to the latest OliveTin-for-Channels, and you'll have the latest version of Project One-Click!

1 Like

How many channels have you set in your container? I think the default is 150 - I have mine set for 200. The more sources you have the more likely to miss a game on the schedule because you run out of available channels to schedule on. Go to your log and search for Alabama and see if it saw it but didn’t assign a channel. The more sources you want to pull in require more channels available.

I have 200 set , but fox doesnt have anything until like 10pm tonight. nothing for tomorrow yet.

Is there any way you can have the docker ping the game to see if its on and refresh the schedule based on that is or is that not possible with channels?

OK (I am testing on nextpvr)

The game does not show 4K SDR/HDR yet, do those show up later?

Unfortunately I can't try it yet because for some reason I cannot open the port 6077. I am using a linux MiniPC for the Channels Server and the docker for this. I am a novice and use AI to assist in what I am trying to do as coding with Linux is foreign to me but I am learning. For some reason I cannot open Port 6077. The only port that I can get open is 8089. This is the oddest thing. I have set rules for the firewall, Turned off the firewall, port forwarded on the router. I have troubleshooted all that I can and I cannot figure out why the port 6077 will not open. I am using an external port checker and 8089 works but when I follow the same procedure for 6077 it looks like it takes but it remains filtered. I have been working on this for a while and I cant figure it out. not sure anyone else has ran into this problem

BLUF I cant set up EPlusTV without opening port 6077 and regardless what I try it wont open

You tried on your router?