Experimental: Local Networks (NBC, ABC, FOX) in some major metros via TVE

I would think if you can use a browser on another device (phone/tablet/other pc) and are able to view your local station at nbc/live on it, you could use that device's browser to connect securely to your DVR web admin UI and toggle the local network setting to see if it picks it up. Worth a try.

I’m not even so worried about getting the local channel at this point. I’m not even getting the main NBC feed.

1 Like

What do you mean by the main NBC feed?

Isn’t there a NBC channel that everyone would get aside from the local channels? Just like how I have an ABC and an ABC Chicago station. 2 separate channels.

Not that I'm aware of. Only local stations.
Unlike FOX where if your local FOX station doesn't stream TVE 7x24 you get the National feed but can only view primetime programming on it.

AFAIK these are the NBC Network TVE channels
6000 NBC Your Local NBC Station
6050 MSNBC
6051 CNBC
6052 USA (Eastern)
6053 USA (Pacific)
6054 SYFY (Eastern)
6055 SYFY (Pacific)
6056 E! (Eastern)
6057 E! (Pacific)
6058 Bravo (Eastern)
6059 Bravo (Pacific)
6060 Oxygen (Eastern)
6061 Oxygen (Pacific)
6159 GOLF
6164 NBCSN-CHICAGO
6165 NBCSN-WASHINGTON
6166 NBCSN-BOSTON
6167 NBCSN-BAYAREA
6168 NBCSN-CALIFORNIA
6170 NBCSN-PHILLYPLUS
6171 NBCSN-PHILLY
6330 Telemundo
6332 Universo (Eastern)
6333 Universo (Pacific)

P.S. Going to the nbc/live website now shows my local station. Flaky

Oh maybe I am thinking of ABC and ABC News Chicago. Bummer I still wouldn’t at least be able to get the NBC station that I can see when I go to nbc.com/live. Oh well.

I don’t get it. I randomly tried this morning and now I see NBC on xfinity and att uverse.

Repeated failures from 6000 (NBC).. From the logs:

2022/03/12 20:29:00.021840 [ERR] Failed to start stream on channel 6000 via TVE-DTV: TVE: unknown channel: nbc
2022/03/12 20:29:00.021840 [DVR] Error running job 1647145740-6 Saturday Night Live: could not start stream on channels=[6000]: TVE: unknown channel: nbc

I'm seeing a previously discussed issue with my ABC feed. I can get it to play via the website and have tried some of the things I've foind here (incognito browser window, etc) Wenever I attempt to re-scan, it just keeps going back to this which is the same as it shows if I try to tune to it.

Is there anything else I can do? It DOES stream just fine from the abc website.

When I had trouble with CBS/ABC ... I accessed my server using HTTPS and then rescanned and it worked have you tried that.

Yes, both in a regular browser window and an incognito window (read that someplace here) - I can always get it to play in the abc website, but when I rescan, it just gives the same message from my screenshot. Added screenshot after I refreshed the channel again that way (secure lock shown in address bar to indicate https)

1 Like

Can you go to your dvr main Web page then "Support" then "Troubleshooting" and make sure there is no TVE error.

That looks good as well:

I am not seeing abc on my lineup. Subscribed to Fubo, which states they support my local (KOMO) abc channel. I'm on the latest beta and have experimental channels checked. A scan reports "abcgo: 1039:This station's live stream is not available through your TV Provider."

Support in the Fubo app is different/separate from support via the network website and TV Everywhere.

If you cannot log in and view your network at the ABC website, there is no chance of it working with Channels.

Tried at abc website with Fubo as provider and getting "an error has occurred, please try again or contact us for further assistance". Will creating an account at the abc website help?

Unlikely. The most likely situation is what I previously stated: your local ABC is not available via TV Everywhere with Fubo credentials.

2 Likes

Agree with racameron. It is hit and miss with local providers for each service provider and even location.
Youtube gave me like 3 out of the 4, Fubo I think I got 2 out of the 4 and Hulu gave me all 4. Fox only during primetime hours for all 3 I tried.

earlier..."If you cannot log in and view your network at the ABC website, there is no chance of it working with Channels".

I think I'm hearing that even if I can jump through some hoops (enable third party cookies as abc suggests, for example), and am eventually able to see the the stream on the website, there's no guarantee Channels can connect. It's the abc-fubo-tve hookup that's broken.

Thanks for the help.

1 Like

If you can view the ABC Live TV feed from the website, you can use ABC with TVE on Channels.